Wyoming General Elk

I guarantee there are elk on that slope in your first pic. I gave you my opinion, but in the end, its your hunt not mine. If you don't like it then might be best to move on.
10-4, I appreciate the info

General season = lots of pressure = elk are hiding on timbered slopes, I wouldn't be too concerned about meadows since they will rarely be in the open until pressure drops way off. Find the areas with small openings hidden in the trees. Mulecreek gives good advice.

Makes sense, and I'll keep that in mind.

Sounds like another scouting trip is in order to the same unit, not the end of the world but I truly appreciate the insight guys.

Not sure what area you’re in but if it’s heavy timber I’d sure bring a cow call. I called in last years Wyoming bull during mid October. I got within about 200 yards and called him out of the heavy timber. Granted I glassed him up from a mile away when he headed into the timber but I’ve been pretty successful with a call in thick timber. That being said, after hunting heavy timber units, I have opted for more open units with pockets of timber. It really stacks the deck in my favor when there are smaller pockets the elk can hide in.

If for any reason you’re hunting south central region let me know. I’d be happy to share some experiences with you.

I drew a tag in Wyoming after 14 years of applying… I have an ace in the hole as my closest hunting buddy has a small ranch very near our Unit.

We are looking for a wall tent camp (for 2-4 hunters) to rent - any ideas or connections? Or know someone that would? We can either pick it up in Denver or Cody. Our hunt will be from 10/12-10/23 this year. Thanks in advance for for your help!!
Outdoor Geek- Denver
Montana Hunting Rentals- Bozeman

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mfrosty6
Back