Wyoming Elk Unit 1

Bobbyosan

Well, after 13 years of applying, I finally pulled my Wyoming any elk tag in Unit 1, the Black Hills of Wyoming. I have spent an endless amount of time in the South Dakota Black Hills during my 30 year career in the Air Force most of which was spent at Ellsworth AFB. If any of you have any information that could help me out it would be greatly appreciated!

I’ve got no knowledge of that area thus no advice however that is awesome and I wish ya the best of luck!

I have a friend in four corners. I'll try and get some info. Archery or gun? Dates?
Thanks for your 30 years of service. What did you do at Ellsworth?

I have a friend in four corners. I'll try and get some info. Archery or gun? Dates?
Thanks for your 30 years of service. What did you do at Ellsworth?
Thanks a million. Any information will be helpful. I will begin in September, probably around the 10th for archery. Will hunt probably 10 days. If I don’t fill I will go back the 15th of October for rifle. I worked on the B-1 bomber for about 15 years at Ellsworth and also was a First Sergeant for 4 years. I loved the Black Hills and South Dakota and never wanted to leave, but the Air Force had other plans. They moved me down to Missouri where I worked on the B-2 Bomber and also worked on the unmanned aerial vehicles (the Predators). We bought a super nice little farm and just didn’t have the want to move again! So here I am. I hunt elk in Colorado (Steamboat area) elk every year but finally cashed in on my Wyoming points this year. Super excited!

If you end up in the south part of the unit a case of beer is cheaper at trailshead, which is just inside the South Dakota border than it is at buckhorn. Good luck, that should be a really fun hunt!

If you end up in the south part of the unit a case of beer is cheaper at trailshead, which is just inside the South Dakota border than it is at buckhorn. Good luck, that should be a really fun hunt!
I have been down around Buckhorn several times on snowmobiles out of Deadwood. Other than just driving around that area and up around Mosske, I will be new to the area. I can’t wait to see what the hunt brings!

Well, after 13 years of applying, I finally pulled my Wyoming any elk tag in Unit 1, the Black Hills of Wyoming. I have spent an endless amount of time in the South Dakota Black Hills during my 30 year career in the Air Force most of which was spent at Ellsworth AFB. If any of you have any information that could help me out it would be greatly appreciated!
No knowledge to contribute but wanted to thank you for your service!!! We are blessed with daily experiences you and your fellow troops have secured for us. Best of luck on your hunt!!

No knowledge to contribute but wanted to thank you for your service!!! We are blessed with daily experiences you and your fellow troops have secured for us. Best of luck on your hunt!!
Thanks a million Dully. I was raised in a super poor family in a small town in Missouri. I joined the Air Force because I needed something more that I was getting at the time working at our local grain elevator. Could have never guessed the ride I would have serving my country! It was a truly awesome experience.

Filled out yesterday. Archery season we were in elk elk everyday but never had a shot opportunity. During rifle season hunted hard for 6 days and never saw an elk. On. The 7th day finally sealed the deal.

Attachments

• 32F24055-FECC-4DDD-8D00-558C89248924.jpeg
    32F24055-FECC-4DDD-8D00-558C89248924.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 113
  • B4A65991-5721-4522-AD2A-1DFA2147EEED.jpeg
    B4A65991-5721-4522-AD2A-1DFA2147EEED.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 106
Thx. Best elk I have got to date. Super tough hunt. I was pleased as punch to share info with you to make a success hunt. It is so exciting to have the young ones score on their first elk. Now you also have the knowledge of the hunting area for years to come. Bob

Hello... I am new to Hunt Talk so bear with me if I posted incorrectly. Bobbyosan...Did you have 13 years of preference points for WY Elk or did you just apply that many years? I believe that 25% of licenses do not require a preference point but I could be wrong. Thank you in advance.

25% are random where points aren't used to rank applicants, they're ranked solely by their random draw random number.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back