Yeti GOBOX Collection

Wyoming Drawing Odds

wyoelkfan15

I was reviewing the drawing odds this year for antelope and couldn't make sense of the numbers. It's my understanding that non-residents are capped at 15% of the draw. But I don't see that reflected in the draw results.

Take antelope unit 1 for example. The regs say a total quota of 250, the resident draw got 200 of these (80%), NR random got 31 (12%), NR special random got 19 (8%), NR pp 33 (13%) an NR pp special 44 (18%).

What am I missing? Those numbers obviously add up to more than the area quota. Looking at the resident applications there were far less applicants than the 200 resident quota. Do these tags go to the non resident pool if they aren't taken by residents?

Your last sentence is correct. It’s an antelope only thing. Check a more coveted tag and the math should work, minus any resident landowner tags that come out before the draw.

Nonresidents either get 20 or 25% of the antelope and deer quota. Don’t remember which. 16% for elk.

I was reviewing the drawing odds this year for antelope and couldn't make sense of the numbers. It's my understanding that non-residents are capped at 15% of the draw. But I don't see that reflected in the draw results.

Take antelope unit 1 for example. The regs say a total quota of 250, the resident draw got 200 of these (80%), NR random got 31 (12%), NR special random got 19 (8%), NR pp 33 (13%) an NR pp special 44 (18%).

What am I missing? Those numbers obviously add up to more than the area quota. Looking at the resident applications there were far less applicants than the 200 resident quota. Do these tags go to the non resident pool if they aren't taken by residents?
Residents get 80% of the tags and non-residents get 20%. Looking the area 01 draw results the least # of tags the residents got was 47. The most would be 79 if they got all of their 2nd and 3rd choices. So at the least then 121 resident tags would roll over into the NR pool. So looking at the NR results. 31 tags were issued in the NR random draw. 14 could have been issued in the NR Special random draw, but I don't think any were since there were no first choice applicants for that draw. 96 tags were issued for the NRPP draw. Lastly 56 tags were issued in the NRPP Special draw. Adding them up gives 183 tags issued to non-residents. If you want to balance it better contact the WGFD and they will give you the exact breakdown for that area. I expect the difference is that not all of the residents got their 2nd and 3rd choices filled. Each of the 4 NR categories gets a percentage of the NR tags with I think the NR random draw getting the least.

You miscounted how many tags were issued in the NRPP 33 vs actual of 96 draw and the NRPP Special draw 44 vs actual of 56.

Last edited:
Back