Wyoming DIY Pronghorn

I am a Wyoming resident and draw almost every year where I hunt on base. You have to have base privileges to hunt where I do, but I also have a backup in an adjacent area. Antelope populations are good and so is the habitat in most areas of Wyoming right now. BUT like any big game, you still have to work for it and that means getting off the dang road and walking to the hilltops and that and scoping the little valleys and draws they hang out in and travel. Many times I hunted where I had people tell me they haven't seen antelope in months only to walk a half mile into a pasture, CRP land, or fallowed fields and found them sometimes laying down not expecting any hunter to show up.

Reactions: LCH
Aside from straight random draw, Wyoming's system is my favorite of all the states I participate in, even if a little expensive.

I've hunted low draw odd units before. Look for walk in areas. We had one last time that the owner had planted winter wheat. Lopes were in that every day. Just be ready to walk those areas. If all else fails show up at the diner or coffee shop and talk to the farmers. We like to go later in the season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back