NEW SITKA Ambient 75

Wyoming deer hunt 119-2

PaLuke

Hello everyone. My son and I drew the 119-2 hunt for mule deer. We’ve talked to biologist and pretty much decided on hunting the Grass Creek area. Question is how does the road get in wet weather. I’m flying into Denver and renting a full size SUV. We’re going to truck camp and hunt away from the roads. If we’re successful we’re going to take the heads to a taxidermist in the area. I’ll probably go with a Eoropean Mount and have him ship the head to Pennsylvania. Does anyone have any suggestions for a taxidermist in the area? Lastly, size wise, is a 150-160 class deer realistic for the area? Thank you for the replies.

Good luck on your hunt. What time frame will you be out there.

We’ll be hunting the first week. We talked to the biologist out of Cody and he recommended the area. I’ll be there a couple of days ahead of him for scouting. We got a HMA pass for the Grass Creek Area. We used up our points but that’s what they’re for. I’ve never taken a good mule deer. I got a fork horn in Montana in the mid nineties with the bow so I’m looking forward to my chances here. Thanks for the reply.

I'm a little familiar with the area, I'll send you a message

I reccomend contacting the game wardens, they are a wealth of information.

I’d also be interested to hear how your hunt went. I’ll be next door hunting whitetail in 118 this fall, but renting a cabin in Grass Creek.

Last edited:
NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back