Caribou Gear

Wyoming cow elk units.

Orlandy

Hello, new to the forum though have browsed it quiet a bit throughout the year. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on a cow elk unit for a beginner. Me and a buddy hunted doe/fawn antelope unit 16 last month during the opening. I managed to fill my tag around day 4 our last full day of hunting. We had such a blast we wanted to extend our trip for next year an extra week and also hunt cow elk. I’ve done a bit of research on the forums as well as onX and Wyoming drawing odds for this year. One unit I’m interested in is unit 54. Does anyone have experience with this unit? I read, though I can’t find much more info on it that two dot ranch allows people to come in and hunt cow elk for a trespass fee?
Is there another unit that would be better for a beginner to elk like myself? We’re only going to have maybe 4 or 5 days of hunting time. We also wanted to try and find an area where we could hunt mule deer as well at the same time.
Any help would be appreciated. Wanted to get a good idea of units before time to put in for the draw in January. Thanks!

Sometimes the best way to find out is to buy a tag and just go... I will be just south of there in December... I can send an update when I get back...

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back