Wyoming B vs C

Jwhigg18

I’m planning on going ahead and burning my 2 deer points in Wyoming since my 1 point wasn’t enough in Montana. I was bitten by the mule deer bug 2 years ago which I have went to Nebraska the past 2 years. Due to family schedule I’m not able to go during any of the mid October seasons. I’m stuck between region B and C. I’m finding a few spots in both areas that look good to me but Im trying to find out some pros and cons to the regions. My goal is to find a piece of BLM or NF to go into a few miles away from roads and camp (that’s what I was doing in Nebraska). I understand mule deer are below objective in both areas looking at the reports from Wyoming. It appears that in both areas there are pieces of public land that isn’t land locked but has difficult access as far as not many roads. which is what I’m looking for. My question is what’s the pros and cons of each. Compared to Nebraska how’s the hunting pressure? I’m from Georgia so the biggest goal I have is to just see deer daily. I may end up applying for a antelope tag as well. Thanks

I’m not aware of anywhere in region C where you’re very far from a road. Ive drawn and filled that tag twice. Both times in small pockets of broken country on BLM. Lots of landlocked public and lots of hunters. It’s doable but I wouldnt be very picky. All the bigger deer I’ve seen there were on private.

I agree exactly with what FLS said. I had the tag last year. If I had the choice between the two I would do Region B or not hunt at all.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I’m leaning more towards region B. Another question I have that I have tried to research and learn. I understand on the walk in only hunting areas they have a set number of Species that can be hunted. How do you secure that spot? Is it first come first serve and you sign in daily? I have tried to find the information on this but haven’t found a good explanation. Thanks for the help everyone.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I’m leaning more towards region B. Another question I have that I have tried to research and learn. I understand on the walk in only hunting areas they have a set number of Species that can be hunted. How do you secure that spot? Is it first come first serve and you sign in daily? I have tried to find the information on this but haven’t found a good explanation. Thanks for the help everyone.
Here you go! https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Public-Access/Walk-In-Hunting

Click on the WIA you're interested in and download the rules beforehand. That's always safer to check than not.

No need to sign in or anything. Just make sure your WIA is open during the time you wanna be there and for the species you're chasing.

I hunted B last year it was rough, warm full moon and lots of people. Saw tons of does like hundreds of them and 2 total bucks on public both were fork horns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back