Caribou Gear Tarp

Wyoming Area 95 Pronghorn Antelope hunt

CGeminski42

I have the points to draw Wyoming Area 95 next year and am planning a trip for the first week of October. Has anyone hunted this area? If so, I would love to connect with you. A few questions:

Anything else to hunt there after we have our pronghorn down? Prairie Dogs, Coyotes, Upland Birds?

Where did you stay?

Can you recommend any good places to eat?

Did you use a local meat processor or taxidermist? Your experience with them?

Who sells dry ice locally?

Any other advice for a fellow hunter would be appreciated!

First, welcome to the forum, looks like you've been lurking for quite awhile based on your "joined" date. I've hunted the adjoining unit, nice area, you should be in for a great hunt. I used High Country Meats in Mountain View and they did a good job for us on game processing. I didn't stay in town or buy dry ice, but both would be available in Mountain View. I saw some prairie dogs and coyotes, but not many, although I'm sure there are many more around. Good luck and remember to post pics of your hunt.

I've never hunted 95 but I have hunted 92, 94 and 112. I have driven through 95 a few times. Looks like general deer will be open at that time if you can draw a tag too. Prairie dogs and coyotes yes. Upland birds, not so much. I think sage grouse will be closed by then, and there probably aren't any blues in that area, or sharptails. But I could be wrong. I bet you could find dry ice in green river or rock springs, possible mnt view or manilla (in UT). No experience with taxis or processors around there. Good luck and have fun. Its a neat area. If you have time you could check out flaming gorge. Very pretty area, especially the souther part. Toss a fishing pole in too.

It's been several years ago, but I was able to buy dry ice at the walmart in Rock Springs the 1st week of October.

Back