Wyoming Area 48

vikingload

I ended up drawing a Type 1 Area 48 antelope tag this year as a resident. I wondered if anyone had any insights on the area or where to focus scouting? I used the search tool and found limited info (but they may be due to user error ha!). I also have the disabled veteran hunter season extension which allows me to hunt 5 days prior to the opener. I drove through the area this past week and it was a lot bigger then I thought and figured I'd reach out and see what others thoughts where. Oh, and I did not draw the Hanna HMA permit so that limits the southern section. Thanks!

I second this, focus on north end. That is where I see the most antelope when I make my records pickups in the area. I have seen antelope on the south east side last time I did some road trips around the Rawlins area. South end by Rochelle has a bunch of herds hanging there. Focus on the north end but do not write off that south end. The deal about the south ends might be access. When I looked on my map, it appears to be kind of checkerboard. But it's so roaded, you should be able to get into most of the public. If I were to try the south end myself, I would hit the available public between Wolcott and Hanna. South end is kind of drive and glass. Drive and glass. Be sure you get out and walk a bit to check out the draws and depressions where they hide from hunt pressure.

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back