Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

wyoming application

PAGOAT

So it about time to send in for tags in Wyoming and I have a 50% or so chance for a deer tag regular draw and 100% in the special draw but a lot more cash. Can I put regular as my first choice then special second ? I guess what I'm wondering is what tag the draw first when they start drawing ? Thank you

Goat

It doesn't work that way, as the Regular and Special Draws are independent of each other. You have to decide which drawing you're going to apply for and that is then what you pay for up front with your credit card after you make your selection. Everyone that pays that amount is in the PP Drawing to start with and anyone who doesn't draw their first choice in that draw then goes into the Random Draw where no PPs are used and everyone is on an equal basis for the tags that are left in that draw.

Last edited:
TopGun 30-06 Quick question since sounds like you are a guru on WY draw. Say in Unit X for pronghorn in the Special draw there are 100 tags. 75 tags are in Preference. Only 40 applicants opt for Unit X Special draw as 1st choice so all applicants get a tag even before the random portion 25 tags are considered.

Now the 2nd choice happens. Is clear the 25 random tags fall to be awarded to 2nd choices and even 3rd until the 25 tags are awarded.

Do the 35 tags leftover from Preference go into 2nd choices or direct to Leftover pool process?

Nothing goes to the leftovers for sale in July until everyone that had that unit as any of their 3 choices has their tag choice filled first.

Last edited:
The 35 tags get added to the original regular draw quota then get redistributed for the pp and random regular draws.

The 35 tags get added to the original regular draw quota then get redistributed for the pp and random regular draws.

Thanks. When I looked at the special draw reports I could not see the excess 1st Choice Preference tags being added to the special random allotment in the reports.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back