Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming Antelope

nidahunter

Hopefully this will be my first time to hunt antelope DIY in Wyoming, and I have a stupid question. Has anyone hunted antelope there and not filled their tag? It just seems everyone posts they got this tag and that tag and 4 doe tags and everyone in their party filled all their tags. Just wondering if this is the norm? I will probably be in unit 21, not sure I will draw 73 with only 1 point. Just looking at what to expect, thanks!

I have always got mine but I have had buddies that didn't get one. They had plenty of opportunity but but missed them. They were not used to shooting past 100 yards. If you can shoot to 300 yards and have a rangefinder you will do fine.

I would definitely hone in on 21 as your second choice as last year 1PP was only a 3.13% chance at drawing a tag in unit 73. You should do fine just as the other member mentioned.

Success ratios are also dependent on what you are looking for. If the first 12" buck will work for you then you shouldn't have a hard time filling your tag.

If you are really focused on mass, prongs and want a 16"er then you might have a hard time filling your tag.

With that said I'll be hunting antelope in Wyoming for the first time this year hopefully. I've shot several antelope in Montana though.

Not going to be particularly picky, just am looking for a fun hunt I havn't done before. Thanks for the replys!

With a bow there is a very good chance you will come home empty handed. With a rifle the odds are with you. Good luck

last year was my first DIY for wyoming goats, I did not fill my tag, had several chances at small bucks, second week hunt, bad year in a high winter kill area, I had a close encounter with one I would have shot, 60 yards but in herd of does, no clear shot and no doe tag in case I missed :( Headed back this year I hope.

last year was my first DIY for wyoming goats, I did not fill my tag, had several chances at small bucks, second week hunt, bad year in a high winter kill area, I had a close encounter with one I would have shot, 60 yards but in herd of does, no clear shot and no doe tag in case I missed :( Headed back this year I hope.

Were you in swest wyoming? Have heard those units were decimated by winter kill,,,

You will have a great time If you want to fill your tags you will have no issues, Buy the gps hunting maps to help access the public land good luck

I never took my safety off last year, I had a first timer with me who couldn't understand how to keep his head down. Also went very late in the season and the animals were very spooky. Combine the two and add a left over tag and the odds were against me from the start. I should have stayed home or gone solo.

Bob

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back