Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Wyoming Antelope

Fishcarver

September is not coming fast enough.
I have a question is for any of you that have had any experience hunting antelope unit 93. What should my expectations be? I'm really just looking for a fun hunt. But I don't want to shoot the first good buck knowing there are bigger out there. I have some family in Kemmerer that I will be visiting soon to do some scouting around.Should I concentrate my efforts in a certain area more than another? I guess I have a lot of questions but any information out there that might help me out would be very appreciated.

Thanks

You will have fun, for sure. That unit has a ton of antelope and lots of good bucks. Pick the one that you like and don't worry what others think. If you are focused on filling your tag, you will be done in ten minutes. Might want to leave the bullets in the case until you have looked at a lot of them and gotten a sense of what you want to shoot.

No specific areas. The entire unit is good.

Good luck.

Just drive a lot and get good at scoring them. The buck you want will show up man! Theres propbably 10000 antelope in 93!

I will be in 93 for opening day for the third straight year. I have drawn a tag the last two years by putting in with others that have wanted to share their points( nice friends). There are tons of antelope and they all over the unit. My advice would be to pick a BLM road and drive and glass, as you will not go more than five minutes in that unit without seeing animals. There are some good bucks, however they will take burning some boot leather to get on them. I have killed a 14" and a 14 3/4" buck the last two years, not monsters but I was happy and they where very fun to stalk! If you need anymore info please let me know.

CABugle

Thanks for your input. I should have a better idea after this weekend of the areas in the unit. I haven't hunted antelope since I was 16 that was almost 20 years ago. I'm also going with a friend who has never shot any big game in his life. He has been hunting but hasn't had the chance to seal the deal on anything yet. That will all change I'm sure after this hunt. Ill post some pictures after our scouting trip.
How is the hunting pressure the first few days? We are thinking of getting there the first week end and seeing how it goes if nothing we will come back as it calms down a bit.

Just got back from my scouting trip in Wyoming. Saw a lot of antelope and the majority were bucks. There were three good bucks and one really good buck. The excitement only builds. Here are a few picture I took. Not the best quality because I shot them through my binos. I wasn't able to get a pic of the biggest buck we saw but he out there.

picture.php

picture.php
[/IMG]

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
I'm not able to head to WY til about a month from now but I'm more than ready. Thx for the pics.....keep us posted on the outcome of your hunt.

Nice pics, if your out there for the opener I may see you....not sure yet what we will be driving, but when I figure that out I will let you know. Did you go up high in the unit ( Miller Mountain, La Barge Creek road, Fort Hill area) or did you stick to the lower country.

CABugle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back