Wyoming Antelope Unit 27

Last time I went on an antelope hunt I hauled a small freezer in the back of my pickup and ran it with my Honda generator. We put two antelope plus capes in the freezer and ran it all the way home on only a couple gallons of gas through the generator. Worked like a champ!

block ice or freezing your own is the way to go,,,though its fairly easy to find in oregon,when i went down to new mexico in 2011 on my antelope hunt i had a heck of a time finding block ice,,,you would think it would be even more common but it wasnt.

Last time I went on an antelope hunt I hauled a small freezer in the back of my pickup and ran it with my Honda generator. We put two antelope plus capes in the freezer and ran it all the way home on only a couple gallons of gas through the generator. Worked like a champ!

Dad and I do the same thing, Honda generator and a small freezer, we put 8 deboned antelope in the small freezer we took..... just number each package so you know what antelope it goes too and put the tits in a separate bag too show the fish and game if you get checked and number them also..... easy.....
Matt

Another good way to transport meat is to have a frig or freezer and use an inverter of the proper size to run it off the vehicle's electric system while on the road. Then plug it into a generator overnight or even use an extension cord at your motel if you can get a first floor room. I've done both ways. Last Fall on my 11 week 4 state trip I used an RV frig of the size designed for a dorm room that runs on AC/DC or propane. It came from an old RV and my Dad made a small frame out of plywood to put it in so it goes right in the back of the PU. I used the electric system on the road with the converter and where I had access to current. At my camps I switched over to the propane system. When I picked up 13 sticks of frozen antelope salami from my processor after my last hunt in Wyoming I tuned both thermostats down as cold as they would go for the trip to ND for a week of bird hunting. I had just enough room during that week to also put all our pheasants in it and everything was completely frozen and I just transferred everything to my game freezer in the garage when I got home.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back