Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Wyoming 24-2

I used several frozen jugs of water last year in my cooler. Left the house first thing Friday morning, shot it Monday morning, and when I started cutting it up Thursday night, everything was still cold. Turned out great.

There was no was melted ice to drain off, although the condensation was fairly substantial. The benefit to the jugs was no excess water and a cold cooler to drop the meat in. It was hot when I shot my antelope and took a while to get it packed out, so having a cold cooler was a big help.

This year though I will add dry ice once I arrive in WY to keep everything good and frozen and eliminate the condensation issue. Make sure there is no direct contact between the meat/cape and the dry ice.

South of the border was a disappointment.
I won't stop at wall drug for fear of the same letdown.

Was at Wall Drug a couple months ago. Someone commented to me about it being disappointing. I just said that I've been through there many times and stop every time. To each their own.

Id have to disagree with "antelopedundee" about the dry ice. It usually takes us 20-22 hours to drive home and we always stop and get some for our coolers. All of our meat is frozen solid when we get home, plus we don't have to keep draining the bottom of the cooler every time we stop if we would have used bags of ice.

I've had dry ice work great as well as end up being a waste of money. If you carry your cooler outside of your vehicle the hinges on the lid should be towards the front of the vehicle. Sounds like the OP was not planning to freeze the meat so dry ice would not be a good choice IMO.

Fill both coolers with frozen 1/2 gallon milk jugs, hit the road and dont touch them untill you are ready to put your boned out meat in. Layer of jugs, then meat, then jugs....or if you want dry ice, do same as above but put layer of paper grocery sacks on top of meat then top wij dry ice.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back