Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

WY unit 90-6 late season question

Eric.MN

My Deer pans kinda fell through this draw and thinking of possibly getting a 90-6 tag. 92-6 and 94-6 also are a option as well. Anyone been there before in the late season I can PM? I have E-scouted that area a lot just never been there before, would like to pick your brain and Bounce my thoughts off of.
Thanks.

Last edited:
What would you like to know? All three are great tags. You will have little trouble finding a cow in any one of the three. I have hunted all three but I know 92 better.

I have been in 90 a bit. It is beautiful country, but with it being a general season unit I wouldn't get my hopes too high. Good numbers but few mature bulls.

I have been in 90 a bit. It is beautiful country, but with it being a general season unit I wouldn't get my hopes too high. Good numbers but few mature bulls.

Type 6 is a cow tag. But either way, finding a mature bull in any one of these areas is not a stretch.

94 is loaded but easiest access is with good 4x4 or atv to spots i know. Northern 90 and all of 92 can get crazy crowded. I dont know lower end of 90 but sure its good elk country.

Last edited:
If plans align and we get tags we would be there early November. I have never been elk hunting before and next year I'd like to elk archery hunt in that area so I figure if I can squeeze a cow tag in this year it might be beneficial to get a germeral feel of the area. I understand it's different time of the year tho so things will be different.
But Wyoming mountains in winter can be problematic, hard to get a feel for what the roads are like off of google earth. Can most roads in the western point of 94/southern 90 accessible with a 4x4 pickup with some chains in tow? Between the three is there anything setting them apart? My thought in november 92/94 lower land may be a better fit? Also wanted reassurance from what I understood that elk numbers are strong, seems you guys concur. It still may be crowded for a November cow hunt? I'm not scared to put on some miles to make the best of a trip.
I Have a 3rd choice deer tag so figuring since I'm already in Wyoming maybe I could drive a little more and extend my trip a little longer, if my brother is up for it.
Thanks for the replys.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WW2 Buff
Back