Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

WY Unit 7 Archery Elk

talisota

I have enough points to pull a tag in Unit 7. I'm wondering if anyone out there has hunted this Unit is the recent past and can help me out with the Walk-In ranches. Do any of the ranches hold elk, if so, which ones? Should I go guided and hunt the wilderness? If so, guide recommendations and all the other questions one would have in hunting a new area.

Any help 1 would lend would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Unless you do not know how to hunt elk I would not waste my time with a guide in Area 7. I hunted it as a resident for 10 years and their are elk everywhere. I would not even waste my time in the HMA's or walk in's. Just start walking in the national forest and you will find elk. I killed 8 in a row with my bow in the area. Edges of national forest and government lands next to private are best places. I would go from the 20th-27th. That seems to be prime time down there. Good Luck!

That's encouraging. Is there a better elk bow hunt in WY than Unit 7? If so, which hunt would that be? What is the hardest bowhunt to draw? Don't want to burn my PP's if I don't have to.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back