WY Preference Point Purchase

SharkDog

I applied for doe tags in Wyoming that I did not draw this season, and I now would like to purchase a preference point. However, the option is greyed out and I can't click it. What am I missing?

1599583616605.png

Are you sure your account is up to date/ complete... maybe it has something to do with the draw you participated in? I just logged in and was able to buy a NR antelope preference point.

Did you draw a buck tag?

I did not. I didn't apply for a buck tag this year. Only the doe tags.

Are you sure your account is up to date/ complete... maybe it has something to do with the draw you participated in? I just logged in and was able to buy a NR antelope preference point.

They have you check your account details and select non-resident before you get to the page pictured above, so I believe everything to be upto date. It could have something to do with the draw, but I didn't think it should.

I have a related question. I am now a Wyoming resident. However, it will not allow me to buy a resident preference point until I’ve been a resident for a year. I will have a year of residency effective June 1, 2021 - so before season starts. Does that mean for any draws that happen before June 1, I would need to apply for those as a non-resident even though I’ll have my year in before season? I guess that would leave me with resident OTC options after June 1. Also, are NR points transferable to resident applications later?

Are you sure you didn’t already buy the preference point?

there is a toggle button on there to take you to a page to review any items you’ve already purchased for this license year. Should show you if you’ve already purchased one, perhaps.

I have a related question. I am now a Wyoming resident. However, it will not allow me to buy a resident preference point until I’ve been a resident for a year. I will have a year of residency effective June 1, 2021 - so before season starts. Does that mean for any draws that happen before June 1, I would need to apply for those as a non-resident even though I’ll have my year in before season? I guess that would leave me with resident OTC options after June 1. Also, are NR points transferable to resident applications later?

There are no preference points for Wyoming resident antelope - it is strictly a random draw. The only preference points for residents are in the moose and bighorn sheep draws so I don't believe you will be able to transfer the points for antelope. For that question and your application question, I'd for sure reach out to the G&F.

Try restarting your computer or changing browsers i.e. change from Safari to Chrome

You might have to clean out your cookies/cache too. I had that problem a while ago, can't remember if it was WY. I had added it to my cart once but didn't buy and the website treated me like I bought.

The system believes you are not eligible for an Antelope point, either you already bought one, have one in your cart, or drew a buck license.

Yep. It turns out I am just a dumbo. I bought one in July and didn't remember that I had done so. When I checked my points it was only showing 1 (2019's), and again, I was being forgetful. Thanks for the replies none the less.

Back