Caribou Gear Tarp

WY Preference Point Purchase

Did you physically move to WY or just buy a cabin and stay in UT?
I’ve changed my permanent residence to WY. Drivers license, registered to vote, vehicle registration, etc. I’m fairly nomadic, but will spend as much time there as any other one spot.

I have a related question. I am now a Wyoming resident. However, it will not allow me to buy a resident preference point until I’ve been a resident for a year. I will have a year of residency effective June 1, 2021 - so before season starts. Does that mean for any draws that happen before June 1, I would need to apply for those as a non-resident even though I’ll have my year in before season? I guess that would leave me with resident OTC options after June 1. Also, are NR points transferable to resident applications later?

you cannot purchase any resident stuff until you hit your year. apply for non resident tags or buy leftovers. I know because I was there 6 years ago.. bought a left over cow elk and a doe whitetail.

You aren't a resident for game and fish until a year. Was there in March. You have to be at that year when you apply.

Good news is that resident apps for the units I will hunt near my place have June 1 resident app deadlines for deer, elk and antelope. My residency change was official June 1 - got in just under the wire!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rcb2000
Back