Wy GEN tag and Colorado OTC

sbrville

Been trying to plan my first elk hunt for next fall. I have 1 point in WY so may put in for a GEN tag there or OTC hunt Colorado. My question is, Can I hunt any area in Wyoming with a General season on the GEN tag or are they unit specific? Same question for Colorado OTC, do i get an over the counter tag in Colorado and cant hunt any area with the OTC season. Started using gohunt to look at areas and can narrow it down to units with these seasons but didnt know how specific the tags are. Any help wouold be great!!!! Thanks SB from Indiana

Wyoming general tags are not unit specific, but some units have different General season dates. So look closely at season dates and restrictions for the specific unit you are interested in

There are several "General" units in Wyoming and you can hunt any of them with a general tag.

There are several "OTC" units in Colorado and you can hunt any of them with the OTC tag.

Ok thats what i was thinking but didn't know. Thanks If im correct OTC in Colorado is good for Any area with an OTC season for that tag(archery,second rifle,.....) and wy General is good for any area with a General archery season for archery and any area with general rifle with a rifle? just need to check area specific rules on antler size etc? thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back