WY Bow Hunts

toddclark1121

Just curious, I have searched the WY G&F website and have not been able to find info on bow only hunts. My son and I are wanting to go but the info is too vague. Also, March 15th is still the deadline right?

Any help will help.

march 15th is the deadline,,,I believe some of the bowhunts are something like section 9 or something like that in book,,,otherwise most of the regions you compete with the rifle boys to draw the tag,,,then if you draw you can then get the bow tag and hunt them prier to the rifle season in the unit you drew,,,though im not positive.

Wyoming has very few archery only hunts and if there are any in a unit it will show as A/O (Type 9) in the application booklet. Almost all hunts are drawn under the gun seasons that are listed in the application booklet on the F&G website. You put in for the draw before the 3/15 deadline for nonresidents for deer and antelope and if you get drawn and want to hunt the area you drew with a bow you then need to buy an archery permit that costs $30. That will allow you to hunt the special archery season that opens in August or September depending on the unit and goes until the first gun season for the unit opens. Regardless of what you hunt with, each person must have a Conservation Stamp that costs $12.50 before they go in the field and everything can be purchased online. You can check for the bow season dates by doing the following. Go onto the F&G website and highlight "Hunting" at the top. Then click on the popup "Rules & Regulations" and all the animals will come up with the 2011 season dates showing. Click on the animal you want to look at and it will list the opening and closing dates for all the units. Most of the 2012 dates will be similar. To find out when the bow season is for a unit, you will need to go to the end of the list and there is a special section that shows the archery dates for all the units. Send me a PM if you need any more help than that as I'm very familiar with how everything works since I've hunted out there for 20 years.

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaDon
Back