Wy. Area7 and power grid construction

undercover

Greetings again, a month(ish) away from finding out if I’m headed west. Suspense is driving me a bit insane. Anyway, I am still on the web approx 1-3 hours a day researching my desired unit for late cow/calf and I’ve come across some data that says there is a massive infrastructure project of high tension power being installed starting in glenrock and headed south to what appears through a lot of unit 7 but maybe 16? I have found some maps but the level of detail is vague and I have tried to expand these maps but the pixels aren’t allowing really any true picture of reference. My questions are as follows for anyone that has decent intel: is this line going through any of the HMA’s in 7? Has or will it change access routes into this area of 7? Are there new windmill projects functioning in 7 that are not on google earth.

My guess is that it may go through part of Shirley basin HMA, Duncan, Marshall, and Deer Creek. But maybe I’m totally wrong

thanks in advance all and I appreciate some of the PM’s I’ve received since joining this forum

Brian

Don’t know for sure about the power line project, but they did built a large wind farm beginning around 2015/16 in the red circle below.
1DD1276A-5DF7-4DBD-8722-8F9C9FADC82D.jpeg

Don’t know for sure about the power line project, but they did built a large wind farm beginning around 2015/16 in the red circle below.

Thanks Madtom for that nugget. Appreciate your time and input. I’ll take a screenshot of this and add to my Wyoming elk file

Interesting angle. I'm not sure how a wind project impacts access though, none of the ones I've built changed access in the area. Roads across private property are still private and gated. What am I missing?

Interesting angle. I'm not sure how a wind project impacts access though, none of the ones I've built changed access in the area. Roads across private property are still private and gated. What am I missing?
I was just curious as I am 1000 miles away. BLM lands gas and oil roads that maybe were open now have been possibly blocked off because of the power grid construction. Wyoming is all alien to me as I have never been there. I have up to 7 spots marked for each day I will be possibly hunting. Just an OCD thing and trying to limit the glitches of access while abroad in Wyoming. I am just not sure that this would or would not cut off some of access points I have plans for.

thanks for the reply!!!!

I just drive around in there with a hard hat and a 7mag on the passenger seat under a jacket. Anyone asks I just say I'm from corporate and they head on their way pretty quick. You can pretty much do anything you want if you run that setup and drive a white truck.

There are a variety of big projects going on in those areas. My experience with windfarms is they generally mean less access for hunters. I used to hunt a ranch in that area that is now off limits due to one of the windfarms.

There are a variety of big projects going on in those areas. My experience with windfarms is they generally mean less access for hunters. I used to hunt a ranch in that area that is now off limits due to one of the windfarms.

I concur.

Staked and professionally graded road to every powerline tower at 1/4 mile +- intervals for the area I was in. If the new towers I was around are part of gateway, their maps aren’t accurate. I’ll see if I have any pictures when I get home.

Last edited:
GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back