Wy.Area 36 deer

like i said. i hunted in VERMONT for a LOOONG time. if you don’t understand my need to make up for time lost then please go hunt in vermont next year. you’ll feel about 1% more likely to shoot a buck there on public as you would in the billings airport

btw the general tag just for the deer combo in MT is pretty much the same as the special draw in WY

so yeah i realize it. and currently i live in maine which is more cyclical in deer populations up north in logging country where almost all the land open to hunting is. my area that i hunt up there for completely wiped out by armpit deep snow in mid november of 2018. and the deer hunting in southern maine is a lyme disease visit to the doctor every other year.

39:100 doesn't sound so bad? What would be "good" ratios for MD?

I should add, 39:100 seems more like the ratio of all deer to deer hunters in the unit I hunted last fall. But this may say more about me than the deer. :(

Still curious about the ranges of what's considered "good" buck doe ratios.

You hunted the bighorn basin right? That might be accurate away from the irrigated private. We saw a ton of deer when we were there on the WIHAs, but they had been picked over and hunted hard for sure.

I am looking for tips for my 16 yr. old granddaughters Wy.area 36 deer hunt this fall. After her great Maine moose hunt last year I am hopeing that on her 1st hunt out west she has fun and gets a chance at a buck.I don't have a tag so we can concentrate on her. this is also in ant. area 75, we will be tent camping and suggestions on camping spots helpful. Thanks.
Yooper, How did you hunt go in this unit. My son and I drew 36 deer as our second choice this year and now the research begins. Thanks

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back