WY Antelope

Wildabeest

04AC49D8-ADD4-4288-9BFF-20A301EE5B8C.jpegCan one of you people with a WY antelope tag come shoot some of these so I can get to my cabin? They were literally bedded down right in the middle of the road! I counted 13. 1 small buck and the rest were does and yearlings. I did see another group of 6 bucks all together before this, one of which was really nice. Probably saw a 50-60 total on the drive in.

Last edited:
There are a LOT of antelope in the area of your cabin. Need to get yourself a tag next year. The area north east to the private up on north in the BLM has a lot in there.

We were just camping in the Tetons, then drove to Green River, then toward Salt Lake to catch a plane. First time driving through Wyoming, other than being in the parks. It was amazing to see the number of pronghorns in the State. We saw several hundred on the way through. Pete

We were just camping in the Tetons, then drove to Green River, then toward Salt Lake to catch a plane. First time driving through Wyoming, other than being in the parks. It was amazing to see the number of pronghorns in the State. We saw several hundred on the way through. Pete

It is amazing. I don't know if this is still true but for a long time they outnumbered humans in Wyoming.

Yeah, when you came by Fontenelle Reservoir, you were about 20 miles due east of where that picture was taken. Next valley over. I usually see 50-100 or sometimes more on my drive between there and Park City.

A lot of them hang in those sagey flats that stretch from Fontelle Reservoir to Commissary Ridge. North end of those flats is private and I see both antelope and deer bouncing back and forth off the private. I got my four point muley on the private with permission last time I hunted deer that far away from Cheyenne. There is a lot of sage grouse in that area too but those are hard to hunt without bird dogs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chughes
Back