WY antelope

ERSS

MTMILLERS antelope photos got me thinking.....

I spent some time talking with a guy at the WY F&G booth at a show earlier in the month, telling him I wanted to put my kids in for antelope this year, and what he thought good options might be. After talking out all the particulars, his suggestion was putting in for one of the following areas: 7, 8, 9, 42 and 43 and utilizing the walk in areas. Anyone have any experience in general with these units they are willing to share ( on or offline ) or thoughts about the whole walk in area program in WY? Been studying the walk in atlas and figuring about how much available ground there is in each unit, etc. Looks like a good program in theory, just wondering how it works in actual practice...

I've not used the walkin area program, but I have hunted used their Hunter Management Areas for pronghorn the last three years. The one good thing is that in some instances you can drastically up your odds for drawing a buck tag. The biggest problem I have with the program is that they don't release the properties enrolled until after the draw. You may put in for an area that had a HMA last year, but doesn't this year. Don't think that because it is private land that you'll be alone. I've had good success the last three years, but each HMA I've hunted were 'busy'...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back