Wy antelope area 68

barefooter19

I drew a antelope tag for area 68 me and my girlfriend are going to be in WY for a few weeks (end of sept first of oct) and we'll be hunting from my truck camper. Won't be in a big hurry and don't care if we kill big goats or average goats just looking for any info on the area from folks that know it. We'll probably just camp here and there and see what happens. Thanks.

With plenty of time like you have, just do some good glassing from the truck, as well as on foot in areas you can't see out the window, and you'll have no problem killing a decent buck. It just depends on how long you want to wait for a big one before you squeeze the trigger.

Antelope are like rats in WY. You'll likely see tons and in many areas landowners are all too glad to have hunters take them. When I apply for goats I buy three tags and haven't hunted past 11:00 AM first day. I am not picky though and kind of itchy to get fishing.

The only thing I can say to help you is bring a cooler and get it broken down and on ice instantly. They taste great if you get the hide off, break it down to quarters and get them cooled right away.

Hey guys thanks for the info. I won't be in to big a hurry to pull the trigger. it looks like there is alot of BLM land in 68 I've had a few people tell me it's a pretty good hunt . From the sounds of it I think my little huntin partner might get her self a nice goat.I've hunted antelope in NM a few times, I've just never hunted this area in WY.

Back