WTT Browning Hells Canyon Speed 7MM Mag

BigSky!

I have a like new Browning Hells Canyon Speed in 7MM Remington Magnum, manufactured in 2019, that I would like to trade for the same in either 7/08 or maybe another caliber. Mine has fired 40 rounds of factory ammo. I swore off magnums several years ago and decided to try this one. I love the rifle; but, I'm done with magnums. Interestingly enough I was out at the range shooting this and two other rifles. This 7 MM with the muzzle brake in place kicked less than my Cooper 7/08 which is also heavier. All of that is to say that the brake on these things works. Since a couple of people on other forums have asked, yes, I guess I would sell the bare rifle, with muzzle brake and thread protector for $875 shipped and insured at my expense. Other trade interests would be another 280 AI SAAMI.
5gVJbnrl.jpg

V3X3d8Xl.jpg

I've also been asked "How does it shoot?" I only shot what factory ammo I had on hand. That was the super-duper premium stuff (tongue in cheek) I found on sale, pictured below. I tested groups 3 times. I had one 5-shot group just under an inch, one 5-shot group that was at just over 2 inches , and one five shot group that was right at 1 1/4 inch. I don't know if the consistency was me or the ammo; but it satisfied me and convinced me that my hand loads would do very well.
f0q3RGpl.jpg

I bought a box of Nosler Trophy Grade ammo on sale at Cabelas last week and took it out to try that Sunday morning. It really loved that with the 140 grain AccuBonds shooting all right at and around 1 inch.

Man. That is a good looking rifle. I would trade a beautiful wood stock Kimber model 8400 in 300 wm but sounds like you're not interested in magnums... Good luck!

You mentioned the recoil being lighter than ur 7mm08 but that you are done with magnums. Is it just the expensive cartridges? Just curious cause I'm considering that exact rifle...

I have a Ruger #1 in a .338 that I would trade. At eleven lbs. including the scope it doesn’t have that much recoil. 😊

Sorry guys. I missed the trade offers today. I appreciate the offers; but, the rifle sold today.

beginnerhunter, it's multi-faceted. First, I won't hunt or shoot around anyone else with the brake on. Consequently, at those times, it will still kick like/as any other 7 mag. I handle recoil really well; but, with age has come wisdom to where I say to myself, "self, why endure that when you don't have to do so?". Anyway, that's where I sit, at least for now. Thanks for the quality trade offers gentlemen.

This has sold.

Sorry guys. I missed the trade offers today. I appreciate the offers; but, the rifle sold today.

beginnerhunter, it's multi-faceted. First, I won't hunt or shoot around anyone else with the brake on. Consequently, at those times, it will still kick like/as any other 7 mag. I handle recoil really well; but, with age has come wisdom to where I say to myself, "self, why endure that when you don't have to do so?". Anyway, that's where I sit, at least for now. Thanks for the quality trade offers gentlemen.

This has sold.

Yeah that was a good deal not surprised it sold quickly. Oh well.

Figured the muzzle brake is more for the range since hunting recoil isn't usually noticed. So that makes sense. Thanks!

If this is still available per your other for sale post please text me at (817) 798-043 six

thanks!

Sabot,
This one has sold. The one mentioned in another thread is the same as this one and as stated in that add, may be for sale shortly. That hasn't been decided definitely yet as it is the one I had for my son and he is going to decide this week whether he wants me to keep that one or a 280 Ackley he likes. He is trying to decide between the two.

Back