Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

WTB: Remington 870 Wingmaster 12 gauge

With millions of 870s in America, surely someone on this forum has one lying around they'd be willing to sell?

I have one, a 1968 magnum, but though I almost never use it nowadays, I can't part with it. It's seen me through thousands of birds. I'd still be using it but my fragile retinas can no longer take the punishment of a fixed breech shotgun. Had to upgrade to an older Browning A5 auto.

You are making a wise choice in my opinion. Few guns have a comparable universal good fit. 870s point well for just about anyone. And there's endless after market stuff out there to trick one out. You can easily turn a second hand clunker into a nice trap gun. Or home defence door crasher. Or either one in a few minutes. Relatively speaking, the 870 always was a cheaply made gun but reliable and extremely easy to maintain. A total idiot can dismantle an 870 whereas my A5 requires a license to practice surgery.
20201014_184235.jpg

With millions of 870s in America, surely someone on this forum has one lying around they'd be willing to sell?
You can the good ol' 1970's models on gunbroker all day long for reasonable prices.

Most folks that own one wouldn't part with it.

I want a 70's model wingmaster 16 guage with a ventilated rib, but every time one comes up I'm out of goof off money.

One day I'll find one.

You can the good ol' 1970's models on gunbroker all day long for reasonable prices.

Most folks that own one wouldn't part with it.

I want a 70's model wingmaster 16 guage with a ventilated rib, but every time one comes up I'm out of goof off money.

One day I'll find one.
Lots of Wingmasters on GunBroker for sure, but most in good condition are going for $750+. Rusted out, pitted guns with cracked stocks are routinely fetching as much as $500. Most people tell me I shouldn't spend more than $450 for a vintage Wingmaster in good condition, but perhaps the high prices on GB are reflective of the times? Whatever the case, I was hoping to find one locally to simplify things and reduce shipping/FFL fees.

FYI there's a 16 gauge Wingmaster on GB right now. Current bid: $1,176

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back