WTB Remington 700 Stock

6speed

I'm looking for a used short action Remington 700 stock that I can experiment with. I have a small recoil sensitive shooter and I want to cut one down to fit her. I have looked at going the factory youth stock route but I want to customize the LOP and hope to keep some weight with the wood. If you have one let me know. Thanks.

I've got a bell and carlson stock that was on my mountain rifle. Its only been on the bench. The pistol grip was too big for my liking and ended up re doing the whole gun with a carbon fiber stock. Its bdl style to fit a hinged floor plate.

I've got a wood remington 700 BDL long action, hinged floorplate.

Sorry I should have said BDL hinged floor plate. It does have to be short action and something I can cut up. I'm not sure how it would work to cut down a synthetic stock and still be able to put a good recoil pad on.

I believe Powder Horn (Schnees) in Bozeman has an old wood stock for a 700. Not sure if it's an ADL or BDL but might be worth a call. I think they were asking ~ $80 if I recall.

I have a Remington 700,hinged floorplate,green Hogue over molded stock.Bought the rifle new for the action,has never been used and was a 308 tactical.It's yours for $50 plus shipping cost.

I have a Remington Model 7 stock that I took off a new 7mm08 that I am building into a sheep rifle I also have the floorplate with it it is stainless email me if interested at [email protected]

FYI - Model 7 stocks will not fit Model 700's. The rear section of the action is longer on a 700 than it is on a Model 7.

6speed - PM me as I have 2 Model 700 SA synthetic stocks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the offers guys but I got one from Ronin75. It's already cut down and with a bit of shaving it fits both actions perfectly. I've got to get a new pad and longer action screws and I should have a great setup for getting kids some trigger time.

Back