Wow

Valley1320

He knew where it came from . He had days to decide . Deserves no recognition. Sit by a corn pile and shoot a deer that escaped a game farm what a rush

He knew where it came from . He had days to decide . Deserves no recognition. Sit by a corn pile and shoot a deer that escaped a game farm what a rush
So quick to judge. Jealous? I dont bait deer but it's legal where he did it so have at it. If that buck came by I'd of shot it in a heartbeat.

So quick to judge. Jealous? I dont bait deer but it's legal where he did it so have at it. If that buck came by I'd of shot it in a heartbeat.
If you knew it came from a game farm ? Escaped ? I won’t judge you either way you answer I’m just saying I would NOT

If you knew it came from a game farm ? Escaped ? I won’t judge you either way you answer I’m just saying I would NOT
How would I or he know that it did? Had trail cam pics of a 200" double drop tine buck a few years ago that came out of nowhere. Someone killed him about a mile from me. Yah probably wouldn't have killed him in case it escaped from a game farm, whatever. Either way I doubt you would have shot him you'd of been too busy crying on here about how much your nonresident tag cost that you bought. Filling montana muley doe tags, what a rush. 🙄

“We’re not opposed to that hunter shooting that deer—we’d actually encourage hunters to remove the buck in those situations. But to put something like that in our record books would skew the data.”

Congrats on the once-in-a-lifetime hunt, Blake. Your honesty about the situation is more impressive than this genetic freak's antlers.
From that short article it doesn't sound like that kid tried to hide anything about the deer. The quoted part of the article sums up my feelings as well.

Honestly, if it came by me I’d be shaking so bad he’d hear my teeth rattling and run away. Joking aside, I’d be trying to kill him.

He had pics of it for days .... he knew . But kudos to him seems like a good truthful kid

I would have shot it in a heartbeat and lost not one iota of sleep about it not going going in the record books. He was 100% legal and that deer needed to be taken.

I wish those game farms and high fence deer pens were illegal for this very reason. No telling how polluted the gene pool of the deer herds are now due to the untold number of escapees.

Is that an ear tag in the left ear ? Yeah I would have shot it but finding out it escaped a game farm would be a big let down. That deer lived it's life behind high fence, maybe a small enclosure who knows.

As far stating the young filly is the trophy, way to objectify her.

There was a small enclosure nearby us. It wasn’t for hunting. The owner just enjoyed having a variety of animals. A fallow deer managed to escape. During deer season, a hunter bragged to his buddies about the non typical he had killed. He was embarrassed to learn that it was a fallow deer that had escaped.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back