WOW Folks, THUMPER HUNTS FREE

Tobey,
I'm with you, a guy would have to be pretty bored to go and sit for hours or maybe days on a bait to kill a bear. I wouldn't go unless it involved hounds ...particularly some of my own.....but I guess thats why some of us have a pack that we spend so much time caring and training for........to hear that beautiful music...to me the fun is hearing the chase and having a tree or a bay-up at the end......of course I realize this isn't for everyone.

Thank god some like it!!!!! If it wheren't for my quality and quontity of bait hunters I would go broke feeding hounds for a quality affordable hound hunt LOL

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

George-You are EXACTLY RIGHT!!! I have done the bear baiting thing as has Thumper. Have killed bears over bait, one giant Black too. We are gonna do a dog hunt somewhere, but we want to use our own dogs for the most part,so that limits it a little. We have already discussed this George and if I were to hunt back east it would definately be with you. I am gonna start putting in for the Idaho out of state hound permit, havent investigated it much lately, but have talked a little to Moosie about it. I guess ya can run em in Utah still, and maybe even NewMexico. It may still be a couple years before the time thing works out, but it will get done. I want to spend a couple weeks at it when we do it. I love the sound of the hounds, but sitting on a peaceful bear bait with the crickets chirping, and the beavers swimming around in the big ponds, and the peace and quiet come in real high in my book in the spring too. Both are fun, but just havent got to do the bear chase yet, except when accidents happen!!
biggrin.gif
bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

all i know is, behind a hound or in a treestand..

i am going to kill me one of those bears someday, hopefully soon..

i do accept hunts in trade for elk..hehe
anyone need another pet...

JB,

Sorry it took me a couple days to reply, but I was out cat-hunting. For me, it's sort of an unspoken rule that cathunters return until they are successful. It's unspoken because I want the option of not taking an idiot cat-hunting for the rest of my life if he is unable to make it to the tree. Well, now I guess I've spoken it!!! It's different on my bear and deer hunts because my hunters book with the understanding that they may go home without an animal. I kinda play that by ear and if a guy hunts really hard and well and doesn't get an opportunity I'll cut him some sort of a deal to return, either free or at a discount. Did that answer your question?

------------------
Clint Gray
Buckshot Outfitting
http://www.angelfire.com/id/buckhunting

yeah,that clears things up.....i had no idea that was the norm for cat hunts.......JB

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back