WOW Folks, THUMPER HUNTS FREE

Duster

I just wanted to say that now I myself know about the lion hunt Thumper went on, thanks to thumpers posts and some others.

I just wish to say that it says a lot about an outfitter and his business when he lets a person come back the following year to hunt
FREE. I hope some of you take a real hard look at this action. I have been on a few hunts in my day and never got to go back an hunt for free. Twice I was given a discount of around 20%, but that was even more than I expected. So hats off to Bcat (Shecat too!)
Now I have never laid eyes on those people and don't belong to the coalition thing either. I am speaking for myself is all. So I hope some of you take a real gander at this, and NO I have no intentions of going hunting for lion with Bcat in the near future.

You are 100% correct and as I said, I bought a 2001 tag to continue hunting as I had enough confidence in both B'cat and his hounds that I went ahead and spent $220 for a tag just to get a few more days of hunting in! (I was having a fantastic time)

When I bought the 2001 lion tag, I already knew if we did not use it I would return to hunt lion with B'cat again this year! (Yes, even if of had to pay for the lion hunt I would have returned with him)

To futher my confidence, I went ahead and asked Shecat to put in for Elk, Deer and Lopes all under the special tag, for me on the day before I left! Even asked for the tags to be sent to their home if I drew!

Why? Because if I did draw an elk, I knew who I wanted to hire to guide me!

After all, I knew I was coming back for the gathering and at least had a Lion tag, regardless if I drew or not!

As good fortune has it and my confidence in B'cat, I will be hunting Elk not just as a client, but with a true friend!

Hopefully, I will draw a deer or lope tag so I can get there earlier.

So it looks like between (Fingers crossed) hunting deer or lopes, the gathering and the elk hunt! I will have enough time to become a resident of the State
smile.gif

Now I would like to ask, how many of you out there would invite someone to come back and hunt because they did not fill a tag? Not to put anyone down! Just an honest question!

What I have posted, is not the reason why Cuz and I get along and hunt together so well! It is much deeper and it has something to do with this BOYKIN bloodline!

You would have be around us to understand!
smile.gif
Hell, I have a hard time explaining it! only thing is his side of our family tree grew longer legs
smile.gif

Thanks for the post.
Mark "Thumper" Boykin

------------------

IF YA CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG DAWGS, KEEP YOUR ARSE ON THE PORCH

http://www.geocities.com/thumper_67.geo

Thumper,

I have a client with an unfilled tag returning for a free hunt next year. Depending upon what species you hunt and the expectations of the hunt, I don't think it's terribly unusual for an outfitter to make that offer. Good Luck next year!

------------------
Clint Gray
Buckshot Outfitting
http://www.angelfire.com/id/buckhunting

besides thumper is family and coming from thailand to hunt. i have a brother that lives in singapore and if he was willing to come halfway around the world to hunt with me i wouldn't charge him either, even if i was a guide.

just curious......bcat,is this the normal "company policy" or a special arrangement for a friend?...(outside of having a client who is an ass or passes up a cat you thought he should of taken).....
smile.gif
.....JB

I think that this is normal company policy from what I gather...but that is not the reason I booked a hugeTOMcat hunt with Boykin Outfitters and Guide Service, I am NOT a relative, nor a close buddy...yet..(smile)....I booked, because I am confident that Doug is a genuine person who knows his sh!t when it comes to hunting BIG TOMcats, and knows the business of guiding and outfitting......maybe other businesses could LEARN from Doug....if they'd pay attention...

REDBEARD

Not that it would make a hell of a lot of difference to either of them, but aren't they brothers? Thought I read that somewhere?

No matter. Says a lot for a man willing to give up part of his living to do right by one of last years customers, relative or not.

Anyway, regardless of his politics, or opinions which I don't feel any need or desire to discuss, I believe that bcat is probably one of the most honest and reliable outfitters I've run into in a long time.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with outfitters, but I do have a lot of experience with charter boat captains and crews and the businesses aren't that different.

I wouldn't hesitate to hunt with bcat if I could just get out of this damned desert>>>>
Anyway, soon as I get this D thing done and I'm settled, I'm headin north.
cool.gif

------------------
Dan AZ www.huntandlodge.com

No folks, the last name thing is just a coincidence! But I figure we may be realted as there is only 2 sets of Boykins that migrated to America in the 1700's!
Knowing Doug, I would be happy to have a brother like him! Unfortunately, I do not!

I am happy to claim him, Deb and the boys as family as there are many commen traits!
smile.gif

For the folks on this board who have been around since WE started it up from another Arse kisser site as well as those who actually know me can attest, that I don't take crap, say what I feel, hate two faced, lairs and theives.
I also stand up for what I think is "The Right Thing To Do"

Like I said, I would returned as a paying client if I had to!

Thank all and I know this will definately be a fantastic year! I just got that feeling!

------------------

Thanks for the kind words Redbeard, Thumper, and Dan. Dan if ya ever get up this way look me up. We'll go shoot a few hundred rounds at these prairie dogs that are surfacing right now. Yup, Thumper has the same last name as I do. Never heard of him till last year, but I would proud to call him a brother or a cousin or whatever. We have always had the policy if a fellar pays for a lion hunt he deserves a lion. It has been tough sometimes for one reason or another finding a decent tom to chase because of one thing or another, and we have always let hunters come back for free till they get their lion. We do not give away ANY other free hunts. I have given one client a free elk hunt last year becuase he is also a friend, but also because he has sent me alot of business over the years. No one hunts anything else for free, I couldnt stay in business that way. I dont know why we do it with the lions but we have always done it that way. I guess because the tags are over the counter, and the season lasts so long. I may in the future give away a free hunt now and then to special clients that send business my way, or to charitable organizations, which is a must, but that is it. Sometimes ya get a lion in the first day or two fo the hunt and it makes up for the ones ya spend a couple weeks on!! Thats the only way it pans out. I guess the main reason is I LIKE TO HUNT LIONS, AND I LIKE TO HAVE 100 percent success at it. No matter how long it takes. bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

."company policy for cats"....thats great.....i would like to ask the other outfitters the same question..(buckshot,by your reply i take it that its not company policy but sometimes you might do that..did i get that correctly?)...please feel free to jump in and respond....JB

[This message has been edited by JB CORPORATION (edited 03-15-2001).]

JB,

I do not advertise it, but it is not uncommon to bring hunters back for free or at a very reduced rate. For example, last year I had a client on a fully guided hunt ($3,000.) that had never killed an elk before. Unfortunately he did not kill an elk on his guided hunt either although he hunted hard every day and never gave up. For this reason and others, he is coming back this year for $1.00 (lawyer said there has to be monetary compensation for the transaction to be legal). Another hunter that has come out to hunt with us many times is coming back this year for $1,000.00 off regular price. Two lion hunters that I did not fill out because of the quota getting filled are coming back next winter to finish their hunt. I don't think that this is unusual in the outfitting business at all, just good business.

------------------
"The worst advice you can give a person with a sour attitude is to be himself"
[email protected]

JB I have given some reduced hunts and one free return.
Hunting is still hunting and just because I have a patch on my sleeve that says Master guide Doesn't mean Guarantee trophy kill!!!
This is my full time job and like any business I got bills to pay If you build a house for someone and they pay you, would you build them a garage for free???????
We book on average 30 bear hunters a year we have never advertised anywhere.over 1/2 of our hunters are returns and return year after year.
If they want a guarantee then we hunt by the day and when they kill they pay a kill fee.

Damn Tobey,
Ya got a "Master guide" patch on your shoulder?
Hell, should I put my 101st Airborn and 32 mountain recon patch on mine
smile.gif
Maybe that would help business. ? And bring me some luck! ( I gets tired of wearing the underware inside out)

I figure with the amount bait sites ya run, you might as well get the "Master baiter" patch as well
smile.gif
I might as well get that as an honorary badge
smile.gif

Just fuggin with ya bro! We need to hook up and put some hounds on the scats area's! Hell! I bet it would be great to drop a pack out on a hot bait site that has been hit.
Man talk about a race!
smile.gif
Thump

PS: Houndsmen rule! All the rest just want to be!
smile.gif

------------------

101st Airborn
Thumper I thought they wore there shorts "Backwoods" not inside out.LOL LOL
Or is that the Navy boys???? j/k with ya too

Any time thumper and I will guarentee you 2 bear in 2 years for the price of one lion hunt LOL.But you will hafta by your own scotch.

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

Thumper-----ROTFLMAO
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Thump, before ya book a bear hunt (or two) for 3000 bucks, get ahold of me. I know a fella in Canada that gets 750 bucks for a week and two bears. We could get four bears for half the money. ANd with all your frequent flier miles, we could do it way cheap. This guy up there wears a "SUPER MASTER BAITER" patch!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
bcat

------------------
If you aint the lead dog the scenery never changes
bcatrunningcat.gif

Logoboy.jpg

Boykin's Hunting Homepage
HuntAndLodge.com
www.recworld.com/boykin

Bcat, I wonder if you could just hunt 1 bear and cut the price down a little or maybe even do the Share Bear thing?

PS thanks for the HELP Bro!

You would hafta pay me $750 to go to Canada and sit on a bait.Heck you would hafta pay me to sit on one of my own baits!!!!!!!!! They give you 2 bears for the price of one couse the black flies eat one.Take extra blood with ya you'll need it.ROFLMAO

------------------
We having fun yet//Tobey

I 'm with you Tobey.In fact you couldnt pay me double that to sit on a bait.I think that would bore me to death.
A few seconds of excitement cant compare to a hound hunt in my book.Watching the dogs work,listening to their voices, the thrill of the chase,You can get all this and more and not even get your bear,but at least you got some excitement.Usually on a bait you either get your bear or just get a sore rear end !!!

I 'm with you Tobey.In fact you couldnt pay me double that to sit on a bait.I think that would bore me to death.
A few seconds of excitement cant compare to a hound hunt in my book.Watching the dogs work,listening to their voices, the thrill of the chase,You can get all this and more and not even get your bear,but at least you got some excitement.Usually on a bait you either get your bear or just get a sore rear end !!!
To each their own bcat but I think you and Thumper would enjoy a hound hunt a lot more.
Tobey, did you get my emails? Sound Ok to you ?

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back