Yeti GOBOX Collection

Would you take a hen!

Nut

In my fall season in Ohio we are allowed to take a bird of either sex. We have a 16 day season. Hunting in the fall is also more difficult and the season is also during deer.

Would you take a hen? or would you hold out for a gobbler?

we have the same type of fall season here... ummm you bet i would take a hen... still cooks just as good..

Delw

you bet i would take a hen as long as it's in the fall season and not spring.but i would try and hold out for a gobbler.

alabama redneck

Here in Illinois we have a fall season and can take either and I have taken a hen and would do it again.They are yummy!!!

The old birds are really hard to find here in the fall!!

We get four turkey tags in Texas and some counties we can take a hen or gobbler in. So we can take a hen to get a turkey and then concentrate on a gobbler. Its gobbler only in the spring and the same 4 tags are used then. I've never limited out on turkeys though, so I always have a tag for spring gobblers.

Here in New Mexico, we also have a similar fall season that allows the harvest of a Tom or a Gobbler. If it didn't work out on a gobbler, sure I'd take a hen. I wouldn't mind adding a hen mount to a gobbler mount in my trophy room, if she was large enough. It'd make a nice pair. Besides, I'm like all of the rest of you, "good eatin'!"

a-flag.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11 September 2001 21:15: Message edited by: GilaMonster ]</font>

I would shoot one..... I haven't been turkey huntng Much, But I see no reason in taking one.....

Here in Idaho they are Still establishing the Flocks so There is NO season for them.....

There's a season for turkeys???

I thought it was legal till the fugly things on sight. I saw a flock of over 50 on the farm last week. I wish somebody would kill all the fugly things.

Don

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bo.mooneyham
Back