Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Would you rather watch?

Would you rather watch people on TV/YouTube hunt?

• Total voters
Personally my favorite are the OTC but logistically difficult hunts.

For me having to put the pieces together on a hunt to get into some exceedingly difficult spot is really rewarding.

Some folks like to use a bow or a fly rod, I love it when you have to get creative.

Randy’s POW bear episodes are some of my favorite, as are any and all float trip hunts.

Personally my favorite are the OTC but logistically difficult hunts.

For me having to put the pieces together on a hunt to get into some exceedingly difficult spot is really rewarding.

Some folks like to use a bow or a fly rod, I love it when you have to get creative.

Randy’s POW bear episodes are some of my favorite, as are any and all float trip hunts.
Logistically difficult is fun to watch. Take @Big Fin fly helicopter in elk hunts for example. I enjoy that kind of stuff.

Spot on!

The worst part about Shockey’s $30K moose hunts......they don’t even get to keep the meat! What the hell is the point? Exactly what’s wrong with some in this industry in my opinion. They don’t even try to hide the fact that they’re not bringing the meat home.
Why in the world would anyone even wanna go on a moose hunt where you couldn’t keep the meat. I mean moose horns are cool but if I’m paying 30k I’m gonna eat every bit of it or I’m staying home and trying to draw a cow tag somewhere.

Why in the world would anyone even wanna go on a moose hunt where you couldn’t keep the meat. I mean moose horns are cool but if I’m paying 30k I’m gonna eat every bit of it or I’m staying home and trying to draw a cow tag somewhere.

That's one of the things dad and I talk about whenever we finally get up Alaska. I don't care if it's going to cost an extra couple/few thousand dollars to get it all home. We'll have spent close to $25-$30K at that point anyway. You might as well get to eat the whole thing lol.

That's one of the things dad and I talk about whenever we finally get up Alaska. I don't care if it's going to cost an extra couple/few thousand dollars to get it all home. We'll have spent close to $25-$30K at that point anyway. You might as well get to eat the whole thing lol.

I definitely have wondered about flying up and then driving back.

Pretty awesome that your dad and you are doing that. My dads dream hunt is black bear so I’m gonna try to make that happen for the two of us in the next couple years in coastal Alaska. He just had both knees replaced and is doing well. Time to start planning that one.

Pretty awesome that your dad and you are doing that. My dads dream hunt is black bear so I’m gonna try to make that happen for the two of us in the next couple years in coastal Alaska. He just had both knees replaced and is doing well. Time to start planning that one.

Well, it's still in the early planning stage. It's more like a 5 year plan at this point lol. But so far both of our wives are on board and the financial aspect seems attainable, so here's hoping!

I definitely have wondered about flying up and then driving back.

I would think about that more if it wasn't already taking me 40 hours to get to MT from FL this year. AK to FL would be nuts lol. And I know one-way drop off charges with rental vehicles get big quick.

I'm a foodie so the catch, clean, and cook episodes are what draw my eye. I have a lot of interest in the processing, aging, and meal prep with the meat than I do with unobtainable hunting experiences. Im also in agreement with Mr. Sellers on ribbon dancing being a punishment for being late especially to the boat ramp for a duck hunt. Put your waders on and grab the ribbon of shame twinkle toes your late.

Variety is the spice of life. I am great-full to have a wide selection of hunting videos to choose from >shooting coyotes to hunting elephants and meat hunting doe whitetail deer. If im not in the mood for it one push of the remote and you can watch another video.

The only hunting show I watch is Rinella; pretty honest and no fake high fives and hunts with good guys and gals. Goes home empty handed, sometimes because no ethical shot is available. Also like how he cooks both in the field and at home.

I'd rather look out my window & watch game ,usually....lol.
I do watch BF's vid's & talks. Ones with Corey and some Rinella,once in a while.
Then again I don't get any hunt or fish mags anymore either.

The only hunting show I watch is Rinella; pretty honest and no fake high fives and hunts with good guys and gals. Goes home empty handed, sometimes because no ethical shot is available. Also like how he cooks both in the field and at home.

I like Rinella because he'll take a forkie on a hunt and be proud of it. Every animal is a trophy to him.

I think the ribbon dance video would be an appropriate punishment for not being ready to hunt on time. Then nobody would be late to the truck.
That's why I drive. No one is ever "late" to the truck they just didn't want to go hunting that day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back