Worst hunting camp ever!!

Worst camp was when iwas a kid hunting with dad and my uncle a cousin and his freind up Chiwawa range eastern WA. Rained the whole trip, bad thing was Uncle brought everyone the rave at that time....cellulose (paper) filled sleeping bags. Great idea in nice weather but got wet and we all were miserable for days.

Oh Ya!!I remember that, it was my very first time to go hunting, we got in a lot of walking in the steepest part of the mountains, cut across running streams, wet up to our ass holes all day. We thought at the time (us boy's) that it was cool to be able to draw on the side of the big green canvas tent and watch the water bead on the side of the tent...That is why our tent flooded...LMAO!!! I don't think I got my sleeping bag wet, but it could have, every thing else was wet. Do you remember Uncle Byron throwing bullets in the fire and clearing out the camp, and laughing his ass off...Then I think it was John D that tossed the full can of bug spray into the fire and put it out. The can took a few minutes to finally come rattling down out of the trees.
All I can remember of that outing is lots of fun and hiking...We also went up into the sand caves and crossed a lot of cliffs on that outing. No we didn't get any thing then, but that isn't the biggest part of hunting in my book any way!!!
Thanks for that one Brett..
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back