Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Worst Hotel you’ve ever stayed at ..

drifters inn in baggs 20 plus years ago was bad. 1am dude knocking and pulling on door trying to get in the room as he thinks its his room then he goes to the next door room and does the same and some guys starts yelling stop or Ill fking shoot you.
I think I was in one of those rooms, I remember that guy!! 😅

Green Mountain Motel in Jeffrey City, WY.
The dude running the “office” was perpetually drunk and repeated the same line to us each time we bumped into him. The room was disgusting. Camping in the parking lot under a tarp would’ve been a thousand times more sanitary. Never again.

View attachment 310960

Ha ha, I've driven by, but never thought it was actually open! 😅

I got bed bugs in a very nice Holiday Inn xpress and suites in Omaha Nebraska the night before flying out for a week vacation. After that experience , I really dont care if the place is a little shady, as long as their aint bed bugs. I had about these all along my back and arms as well. This itch is second to none, Id take 3x mosquito or ciggar bites.

Of course they denied it , then I said what plants and or bugs exist in my house in February that would cause this .

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    6.7 MB · Views: 24
Guest Inn, Yukon Oklahoma. I’d been driving a long time and couldn’t go much more so I did a quick hotel search and went with the cheapest one. No lobby, just a barred window you walked up to and hit a buzzer. Dark sketchy parking lot so all my expensive stuff came into the room. Stained carpet and linen. The sink was sagging off the wall and someone had used at least a full roll of duct tape to hold it in place. Smoke detector was missing and a Walmart bag shoved into the hole. Plenty of black mold in the shower as well. The smell of piss, smoke and stale booze was icing on the cake.

I travel a lot with my dogs, which means pet-friendly hotels and no matter how good the reviews online, they always give you a "pet room" that you had to pay $25-100 extra for and which always, with no exception so far, reeks of urine.
Super 8 in Salmon Idaho. We've used the place several times. Rooms are ok.

We were the there right after the January 6th fiasco and the night manager would not shut up about how he wished he could have been there.

We had got in late and asked him if there was anyplace open to get food. He sent us to a bar downtown. When we walked in - kid you not - the music stopped and everyone in the place turned to look at us.

Got back to the room and the card key wouldn't work. I went back to the desk and the was another person behind the counter. I had the feeling she was the leader of the coming zombie revolt.

Brought everything into the room and slept with my 1911 beside me.

ooooo - two that I can think of.

One - in New Orleans we stayed in a Courtyard Marriott that we didn't look like it had been cleaned, didn't appear to be taken care of, the locks I don't think actually worked. We blocked the door with a chair and slept in our cloths. Everything was falling apart.

We traveled to Ireland, Edinburgh Scotland and London England - when we got to Scotland the hotel was not what we were anticipating from the pictures or experience in Ireland. There were stairs leading two our room from the outside right by a window with a tiny little lock, we were looking into the neighbors windows and the only lock was a tiny lock. It seemed like rooms were much more expensive in Ed

Not a story of me staying at a motel, but I grew up litterally next door to a shady motel right off I-80 in Evanston, WY. I remember waking up one Sunday morning with flashing lights all around. We stepped out on to the porch to see police cars all around, and a police sniper on the roof of the building across the street. They shot tear gas through a motel room window and then rushed inside. Pulled a naked lady out and put her into ambulance and arrested a guy and drug him out of the room. Learned later that he had beat her to death with a chair leg.

On another occasion, same motel, a guy stabbed another guy and tossed the knife over the fence into our back yard.

I don't miss that neighborhood.

Forgot about a place between Taos & the Ski Valley in Arroyo Seco aptly named the El Salto...first ski trip, 7 of us (3 couples and the guy who booked the trip) in one nasty deteriorating room with bare bulbs in every socket.

We slept in our clothes, got up early, refused to use the shower, & skied all day,

...found one in Taos that evening much better about the same price.

It’s a tie between Bieber motel in Bieber CA and “cabin 6” in Jordan Mt. To be clear I was perfectly happy truck camping in both situations, but was influenced by members of my hunting party seeking more luxurious accommodations. Against my gut feeling and better judgement in both situations. Bieber was my first experience sleeping on a bed where the springs actually came through the bed to help massage you to sleep. But hey they did have a bird cleaning station. Lol. In Jordan we pulled up and asked if they had any rooms available and guy says no but we got “the cabin”, I slept with a 9mm in fear of whatever creatures came alive under in and around that cabin when the lights turned off. Both were easily good beginnings to a horror movie.
Stayed at the same place in Jordan. It was nasty.

They used to rent rooms in the old school house in Ingomar, which was full of mice, as was the Jersey Lilly restaurant itself. When the school house was full, they'd let you sleep on the floor in the old gym for $15.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back