"World Record Found"

Dude I'd totally post pictures along with lat lon on hunt talk. ;)

If your not into that, there is nothing sweeter than getting a guy that is new to hunting and have him or her get a world record.

sell it first than post pictures and say ha ha I got this much $$$$ for the record, and give the MOSSBACK dude's a letter saying this is how it's done boys.... LOL.....:D
Matt

I think most of us would have some sort of emotional attachment to the animal that we'd found. I think for you it is less that way.

When I watch and film and photograph these giant bucks for several years I become emotionally attached. But in a previous life where I was a professional poker player I learned how to leave my emotion at the door when it's time.

You're correct that I am versed in doing this sort of thing on a yearly basis, though I do think there's a big difference in selling a buck versus being hired to find a buck . In one case it's like selling a product, in the other it's selling a service.

When we work for a finders fee (which we've never actually done until this year) it's sort of weird. It's like selling a product, which I don't know if I'm for or against just yet, but I'll admit that it does put us in a different position. If we find a giant buck how much do we charge? Is it based on score? Time spent? Do we just say it's the same price as hiring us would have been? We're working it all out as we go...

...I guess all that is what sparked this question in the first place.

I can also assure you that I have no ridiculous stickers on my truck. Just dirt.

fowladdict1: A 100-incher would sure be cool! I've seen one before in photos - still not sure to this day if they were fake or not.

I think it shows poor form to be involved in that sort of thing. (Mosback type of hunting). If your guiding a hunter it's different.

The thing that I always loved about hunting, was the fact that you didn't need to be rich to harvest animals that make the rich jealous. The new wave thing for them now is they just hire people like you, who love to be out with these animals 24/7, and give a a couple of bucks to find them a trophy. I don't consider wildlife a product. They are a resource, but this takes "luck" part of hunting out of the equation.

Lets say your on your honey moon, you've never had sex before, or when you did, you never got the job done or messed it up. Do you hire a bunch of guys to do the warm up on your bride, when she looks ready, they move you in position, then they coach you through to the finish line? How about just hiring out the job completely, and taking credit for the results.

Unfortunately this is the reality of Governor tags. The Richy rich, do what comes naturally for them. They hire those that are the most capable for a project. That is what hunting is to them.

Doing it on my own, or with a couple of buds is where it's at for me. I doubt I'll ever kill a world record, but that's OK with me.

NO THANKS! If the info was passed along, as one hunter to another, then fine, but to do all the leg work, just for a $, ain't my bag. Just my .02 cents.

Lets say your on your honey moon, you've never had sex before, or when you did, you never got the job done or messed it up. Do you hire a bunch of guys to do the warm up on your bride, when she looks ready, they move you in position, then they coach you through to the finish line? How about just hiring out the job completely, and taking credit for the results

Too funny of a comparision. :D

Nookie always comes with a price!! ;)

I think it shows poor form to be involved in that sort of thing. (Mosback type of hunting). If your guiding a hunter it's different.

Whats the difference? The homework was done by someone else, the paying client just showed up for the kill. I know that money is the new reality in hunting, and maybe I'm just not adapting to the change very much, but I cant stand to see whats happening to the sport.

Next Friday I turn 40. I started tagging along with Dad when I was 5, got my license at 12, and until recently this kind of crap was unheard of, it was about having fun and doing something with friends and family. Then Al Gore invented the internet, the Outdoor channel came along and hunting has gone straight to hell. Its all about shooting an animal that will get your name in some stupid book! Whats goonna happen to the sport in my next 40 years is what really scares me. Personally I'd have no problem if guiding was no longer allowed, and would really like to see the B&C club to not allow animals taken under the care of a guide or Gov tag. Maybe the Ego hunters would remember what hunting really is.

I have no problem with guided hunts. I do have a problem with selling an animal.

'Humorous and creative analogy, Shoots. But it does express what many of us feel about the commercialization of our beloved hunting tradition ... both by the wealthy buy-it-for-yourself "hunters" and those who formerly were hunters, but now just sell the product or service for a buck. (pun intended).

Shoots :eek:

Those things we hold sacred we simply don't sell. The majority of people's wives are not for sale and if they are then that couple surely does not hold their relationship sacred.

As for sports...most of them are for sale. Hunting....some for sale.

Shoots :eek:

Those things we hold sacred we simply don't sell. The majority of people's wives are not for sale and if they are then that couple surely does not hold their relationship sacred.

As for sports...most of them are for sale. Hunting....some for sale.

agreed with, but when you love too do something, find game/hunt why not make a buck, at least he love's his job.... money is just part of the equation.... wish I had the money too hunt private land exclusively but most of us don't, so why point fingers at people, we are not the higher beings too judge somebody else....
Matt

Back