Wonky Bull, what's his deal?

QELKhunter

Hi all! The below picture is of a bull I've seen several times over the past two years. This is the only time I caught him on a game cam and the only picture I have of him.
The time stamp on this picture is accurate. As you can kind of see he is still in velvet and has some weird shape and mass to him. His opposite antler is just a main beam club, same length as the one pictured here but with a lot more mass.
With any luck I'll find him this year and get to add him to my collection of odd ball racks.
IMG_20210530_140637.jpg
Has anyone ever taken a bull like this? I know in mule deer they call them cactus bucks and they associate the issue with both a genital birth defect or trauma to the reproductive organs that prevent the release of hormones that trigger the velvet to fall off and or the antlers to shed.
This little bull has always looked rough to me and has an abnormal shape to his head and eyes. I am hoping to get more pictures of him over the summer and into the fall.
If I'm lucky enough to harvest this strange guy I would like to do a shoulder mount and preserve this odd ball.
Any opinions or input is welcome. If you have any odd balls to show off I sure would like to see them.

Thanks!

I have seen a few similar to that, along with other odd things. I have one with one horn in middle of head. Have trail cans of others. To me they have more character and fun to look at mounted thinking how it happened.

I have seen a few similar to that, along with other odd things. I have one with one horn in middle of head. Have trail cans of others. To me they have more character and fun to look at mounted thinking how it happened.
pics? always fun to see.

Here is another picture of the same bull I found while reviewing my card. You can really see how strange the growth is in this one.1603303996653.jpg

The wonky elk survived the winter and remaining hunting seasons last year. Funny thing is it showed up on camera almost a year to the date!

The elk got bigger and weirder.

Attachments

• 1634747874767~2.jpg
    1634747874767~2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 1634747867930.jpg
    1634747867930.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 30
Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members