Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Wolves Kill 19 Sick Elk In Wyoming

It is interesting that you posted a six year old article without any comment. Do you think this thread will go better than https://www.hunttalk.com/threads/i-wish-them-well-wolves-verus-elk-hoof-rot-disease.309922/?

I didn’t see anything in the article that documented that any of the 19 elk were actually sick. It sounded like the author’s premise is that elk that use feed lots have hoof rot so he concluded these elk had hoof rot. Do all elk that use feed lots get hoof rot? Is there documentation elsewhere that these elk were sick? Do you agree with the author that, but for G&F employees removing the carcasses, “these elk would have been consumed by the wolves if it was fit to ear,…”? (Author’s words, not mine). Since wolves get rabies, couldn’t the article (and this thread) just as accurately been titled, “Rabid Wolf Pack Slaughters Elk Herd”?

I didnt even read this version of the attacks, i remember when they happened. This was in 2016? like @BAKPAKR noted and believe we even had a thread on it when it happened. It was wolves suspected "of training young to hunt" no sickness other than how sickning it was that the elk were all wasted. Old news, fake news whatever you want to call it...

I didn’t see anything in the article that documented that any of the 19 elk were actually sick. It sounded like the author’s premise is that elk that use feed lots have hoof rot so he concluded these elk had hoof rot. Do all elk that use feed lots get hoof rot? Is there documentation elsewhere that these elk were sick? Do you agree with the author that, but for G&F employees removing the carcasses, “these elk would have been consumed by the wolves if it was fit to ear,…”? (Author’s words, not mine). Since wolves get rabies, couldn’t the article (and this thread) just as accurately been titled, “Rabid Wolf Pack Slaughters Elk Herd”?

@Mustangs Rule This is well said. I'll wait for the answers

I emailed the author of this article about these 19 elk having elk hoof rot. I asked him to veryify his statements. I never heard back from him.

The original posts article was written in 2016. This stuff keep recirculating.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back