Wolf Killed in Southern Bighorns

88man

I saw a facebook post with pics. Seemed legit

If it proves to be true, I'd bet a Krispy Kreme doughnut that it is a young male, out gallivanting around, seeing what there is to see of the world.

There have been wolf sightings and kills in the southern Bighorns every year for at least the last 3-4 years. There have been a handful shot in the Seminoes and around Pathfinder reservoir also. They're around, just likely very few in number.

There have been wolf sightings and kills in the southern Bighorns every year for at least the last 3-4 years. There have been a handful shot in the Seminoes and around Pathfinder reservoir also. They're around, just likely very few in number.
Northern Bighorns too. A huge female was trapped a few years back after killing sheep so it is not always young males.

If it proves to be true, I'd bet a Krispy Kreme doughnut that it is a young male, out gallivanting around, seeing what there is to see of the world.

Does this get me a doughnut?

Northern Bighorns too. A huge female was trapped a few years back after killing sheep so it is not always young males.

I'm not confident, but I kinda believe I saw one off Hunter Creek road above Buffalo last summer. It was close to a quarter mile away and didn't stay in the open long, but the coloration was not coyote.

Wolves in the Bighorns...I guess water is also wet.

Seriously though, I elk hunted there six years ago and the outfitter said they had been seeing a few.

I worked up there all summer last year. We had them running through site in spring several times.

My daughter and I seen one about 20 miles north east of Shoshoni Wyoming in 2016

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back