Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner!

blue devil

I received a call that my $20 raffle ticket purchase locally won me a new gun.

Choice of the following:

Ruger American Rifle .243
Ruger LCP .380 pistol
Heritage Rough Rider .22 Mag revolver
Winchester SXP 12 gauge pump
Henry .22 lever action

Leaning between the Ruger .243, but maybe upgrade to a .270 or go to the Predator version in .308 for an elk gun or deer gun?

or the Henry .22 lever action, but only problem is it isn't a golden boy? I have too many shotguns and I want a revolver .357, so I think the pistols and shotgun are out of the picture. ANYBODY's Thought, especially on the rifle?

Personally, I would be taking the .243 if I had won the choice and it sounds like from what you're saying that would also be the best choice for you. Take the .243 and get rid of one or two of your "too many" shotguns and go buy the .357 revolver you want. Get a Ruger handgun and you'll have two well made firearms made by an American company.

take the most expensive one and use it for trade in at your local gun shop

I had the same problem at a SCI banquet a few years ago. There was a Remington 260 that was a perfect rifle for my daughter. She had not hunted in years. Sighted in by laser and has not been fired. Still waiting for the but to bite again. She is an excellent shot so even if she never hunts, it will get use.

Good problem!

I think its the .243 for me. Then I'll see if I can upgrade to a .270 or take the .243 and maybe a shotgun and trade to even a better option? Or just go with the .270 and have a inexpensive gun to shoot

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omcqueen
Back