Windy Wyoming

i used to work in the oil field around Baggs WY, the wind was so bad we had to rig up either before sun up or after sunset. that was the only time the wind didn't blow!!
I used to tell my husker and greenie friends that is just Colorado and Nebraska sucking air.

I used to tell my husker and greenie friends that is just Colorado and Nebraska sucking air.
That's great! I lived in central Nebraska for a while. I still give my friends out there a hard time about it. The only thing I really miss about that state is the whitetail and pheasant hunting!

That's great! I lived in central Nebraska for a while. I still give my friends out there a hard time about it. The only thing I really miss about that state is the whitetail and pheasant hunting!
And Turkey. I still remember my dad handing me two turkeys he and my grandpa shot when I was maybe 5 years old and I was lugging them across the yard or trying to anyways. My mom has pictures of that somewhere.

And Turkey. I still remember my dad handing me two turkeys he and my grandpa shot when I was maybe 5 years old and I was lugging them across the yard or trying to anyways. My mom has pictures of that somewhere.
That's another thing I've never done is turkey hunting. Trying to get going with spring bear but getting any tips is like pulling teeth.

That's another thing I've never done is turkey hunting. Trying to get going with spring bear but getting any tips is like pulling teeth.
I got lucky when I did do bear hunting in Colorado. First, I knew they had a good population in the area. Then I was in far better shape than I am now and then I stumbled onto them essentially because my methods were really unorthodox if you read the how-tos in here and other videos on Youtube and that. I am no expert but I do know you need to be in almost as good shape to chase bears as you do elk.

I got lucky when I did do bear hunting in Colorado. First, I knew they had a good population in the area. Then I was in far better shape than I am now and then I stumbled onto them essentially because my methods were really unorthodox if you read the how-tos in here and other videos on Youtube and that. I am no expert but I do know you need to be in almost as good shape to chase bears as you do elk.
Well I chase elk every year. Not saying I get one lol but I do chase them!

Today the damn cold has us inside. Not much wind but the little wind we have is making it pretty miserable out. Really sucks is no dang snow anywhere. We are so far behind on moisture all last year and so far this year. It is gonna burn up bad here if we don't get a few snow storms...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back