Winchester Primers?

morgaj1

Anybody heard an update on Winchester primers, specifically WLRM? I have seen every brand of primer available lately but Winchester.

A buddy of mine picked up some Win SRPs for me back in the summer. I’ve not been looking too hard for LRPs

A buddy of mine got me 1000 wlrm a couple months back from his buddy in Colorado who apparently stumbled upon some right as they were being stocked to the shelf with no limit. I wouldn’t sell them but I would trade for 1000 210/215’s. I got kinda the same problem, lots of great loads developed with federals and don’t want to waste powder bullets starting over.

A buddy of mine got me 1000 wlrm a couple months back from his buddy in Colorado who apparently stumbled upon some right as they were being stocked to the shelf with no limit. I wouldn’t sell them but I would trade for 1000 210/215’s. I got kinda the same problem, lots of great loads developed with federals and don’t want to waste powder bullets starting over.
It's a shame that we aren't closer in distance, I would trade with you.

I bet you could switch to CCI or GMM and not even know it other than your SD and ES go down. I refuse to believe the Win primers are the secret sauce in any recipe.

I bet you could switch to CCI or GMM and not even know it other than your SD and ES go down. I refuse to believe the Win primers are the secret sauce in any recipe.
You're probably right. However, my supply of 180gr Nosler Accubonds and H1000 powder is extremely limited. I don't have those components to spare working up a load with alternate primers.

I’ve been scraping online reloading retailers for close to a year now, I’ve seen about as many Remington as Winchester if that tells you anything. CCI has been the most available, followed by Federal.

Local shops haven’t been worth checking, the few times I did stop in they were charging gunbroker prices so I stopped looking there.

If you have components to trade you could join the reloading discord server and post in the state channel, might get lucky.

You're probably right. However, my supply of 180gr Nosler Accubonds and H1000 powder is extremely limited. I don't have those components to spare working up a load with alternate primers.
Load 1 bullet exactly the same changing only the primer. Shoot it over a chronograph and if it’s the same MV as your pet load (which it almost certainly will be) you are good to go.

Load 1 bullet exactly the same changing only the primer. Shoot it over a chronograph and if it’s the same MV as your pet load (which it almost certainly will be) you are good to go.
Just don’t calculate standard deviation 😜

Man, I'm jealous of you all finding any primers. I haven't seen a rifle primer on a shelf since last year...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back