Will the Great Salt Lake dry up?

Southern Elk

Will it dry up? Yup. I bet the Mississippi will dry up enough that large boat traffic won't be able to use it before the Salt Lake is completely dried up.

I’m not sure if that’s feasible. Imagine how much something like that would cost.
Yes but think about how much money is tied up in the development of the Wasatch front / park city / snow resorts. I think the money could appear either in the form of taxation or potentially volunteered by some of the big players who stand to lose the most. Plus you would likely run into far fewer environmental review issues or litigation if it’s just saltwater

Yes but think about how much money is tied up in the development of the Wasatch front / park city / snow resorts. I think the money could appear either in the form of taxation or potentially volunteered by some of the big players who stand to lose the most. Plus you would likely run into far fewer environmental review issues or litigation if it’s just saltwater
Seems like it would be much more cost effective to conserve the water that’s going in. It’s 600 miles as the crow flies to the ocean. Either way it’s a huge problem for the region.

F5980370-6EFD-4CE3-9212-B75045A21EF5.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back