Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Will Massive CSKT Price Hike Backfire?

BenInMT

Seems like the CSKT non rez resident fishing/hunting/camping… is maybe getting cost prohibitive. I’m kind of wondering if it’s even worth it anymore. I imagine a lot of people will weigh that cost against the ever-declining upland population and just say f it, not worth it. Habitat has become so fragmented, access decreased, no predator management- I’m not sure what they think they’ve got there that justifies an increase in cost. Sovereign nation, they can charge what they want but that doesn’t mean people are going to pay it.

Seems like the CSKT non rez resident fishing/hunting/camping… is maybe getting cost prohibitive. I’m kind of wondering if it’s even worth it anymore. I imagine a lot of people will weigh that cost against the ever-declining upland population and just say f it, not worth it. Habitat has become so fragmented, access decreased, no predator management- I’m not sure what they think they’ve got there that justifies an increase in cost. Sovereign nation, they can charge what they want but that doesn’t mean people are going to pay it.
The bird hunting and hiking would be better if the CSKT would ban all non-tribal members fro hunting or recreating on tribal land.

Has access gotten worse over the years? I feel like I've seen a few new access points for creeks at least.

I listened in on the final meeting for the fee increase about a month and a half ago. Seems like the sole reason for the fee increase is due to increased use by non members. The goal of the fee increase didn't seem like it was to increase revenue, but to actually decrease non member use, this was actually stated in the meeting. They also said they wanted to employ more wardens.

The fee increase came with a complete closure to an area in the NE part of the rez because all summer long people were going up there with UTVs without conservation permits. A lake up Jocko canyon was also just closed to non members.

I was wondering if that now that they own the Bison Range they will be less dependent on money from hunting licenses, now that they have fee money from people using the bison range.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back