MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wife's Muskox and Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep Mount

KayakMacGyver

The 2021 draw season was pretty unbeleivable for my wife. She drew TWO once in many lifetime hunts and we are fortunate to have some incredible memories which will now be accented by pretty cool trophies. We recently got her mounts back and couldn't be more pleased with how they turned out. My whole life I've struggled with disappointing taxidermy experiences. We almost had another one with her animals, but we sensed something was awry and pulled the work from a local guy. Thank god we did because he went AWOL for several other people I know shortly thereafter.

After thorough research, my wife ended up flying with her capes/horns out to Reno and brought them to Animal Artistry. These folks run a top notch operation. There is no BS or worrying about your trophy. They run an exceptional business and it's quite amazing to see a taxidermy studio like that in person. They'll get most of our business from here on out as I'm done dealing with local taxidermists around home. After getting a taste of how quality taxidermy should look, there is no comparison.

20210812_103825.jpg

Resized_Rock,_Alicia,_Desert_Sheep_half_life_size,_44404.jpeg

20220117_192237.jpg

Resized_Screenshot_20230207-141448_Gmail.jpeg

Nice! I like that pose and rock with the sheep. Bucket list hunts!

Look great and must have been an adventure to get them! Smart on the taxidermist part to take quality photos in-house too, assuming that’s what they do based on the studio look and logo.

The 2021 draw season was pretty unbeleivable for my wife. She drew TWO once in many lifetime hunts and we are fortunate to have some incredible memories which will now be accented by pretty cool trophies. We recently got her mounts back and couldn't be more pleased with how they turned out. My whole life I've struggled with disappointing taxidermy experiences. We almost had another one with her animals, but we sensed something was awry and pulled the work from a local guy. Thank god we did because he went AWOL for several other people I know shortly thereafter.

After thorough research, my wife ended up flying with her capes/horns out to Reno and brought them to Animal Artistry. These folks run a top notch operation. There is no BS or worrying about your trophy. They run an exceptional business and it's quite amazing to see a taxidermy studio like that in person. They'll get most of our business from here on out as I'm done dealing with local taxidermists around home. After getting a taste of how quality taxidermy should look, there is no comparison.

View attachment 273695

View attachment 273696

View attachment 273697

View attachment 273699
Awesome mounts! Did you all go back out there to pick them up or did you get them shipped to you on one of those trophy transport deals? Im trying to decide who to use for a mount I have coming up and they are on the list but I live in FL

Awesome mounts! Did you all go back out there to pick them up or did you get them shipped to you on one of those trophy transport deals? Im trying to decide who to use for a mount I have coming up and they are on the list but I live in FL

We had them shipped via freight and it was reasonable, considering the size. It was $1,200 to have them shipped and they came to a local shipping depot. Still cheaper than the fuel alone it would have cost me to get to LV and back.

I just got my 2022 Elk back from Woodbury taxidermy in Texas and the shipping was almost $700. It came on a transport truck, no crate.

We had them shipped via freight and it was reasonable, considering the size. It was $1,200 to have them shipped and they came to a local shipping depot. Still cheaper than the fuel alone it would have cost me to get to LV and back.

I just got my 2022 Elk back from Woodbury taxidermy in Texas and the shipping was almost $700. It came on a transport truck, no crate.
What state are you in?

Not sure what your guy charges but might look into majors wildlife studio in Las Cruces NM. Lil farther than Texas but prices might be better and he does world class work.

Great recommendation, thank you. Majors is awesome. I went back and forth between them and Woodbury, but went with Woodbury out of convenience that they happened to have a drop off in NM right next to my unit at the time.

If I'm ever so lucky to draw an Oryx...Majors is where it will go. My wife has a Barbary tag for January and if successful, that will likely go to Majors as well.

Those mounts are excellent.

I’ve reached the same conclusion on taxidermy. Spend the money for a true artist that is honest and reliable, or just mount the skull myself.

Growing up one of my Dad’s best friends was a world champion taxidermist and started his own taxidermy supply company. There’s even an award in his name given every year at the NTA World’s. Having him do all my mounts growing up totally spoiled me on taxidermy. 95% of what I see looks hideous. And for some reason taxidermy seems to attract more dishonest drunks than other professions. I guess it’s like wine; if you can’t tell the difference then just drink the cheap stuff. I’d certainly have more money in my bank account if that were the case with taxidermy.

Florida . Sure wish I could find a great taxidermist in my home state. I've tried and tried and tried.
Funny, Im in FL too. Trying to figure out where to send my stone sheep ram.

I was looking over Animal Artistry's website and really like that they require harvest photos. I sent my dall to a place that is on the back of every Wild Sheep magazine, thinking that was a good bet, and was disappointed as there was an obvious detail in my ram that they painted over to make it look like all the other dalls they send out. I did also send them harvest pics but they ignored them. They also cocked one of my ears back and I did not tell them to do that.

Last edited:

View attachment 273695

View attachment 273696

View attachment 273697

View attachment 273699

I don't know much about judging rams but looking at your wife holding that ram, he looks like an absolute tank.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back