Why do my arrows?

JB Florida

Why do my arrows "pinch" off the string at full draw? I have just had this happen today, It has never happened before?
I have been using a new batch of arrows and they have smaller nocs. BUT they are WAY more accurate than my old arrows.

Of course it doesent matter how tight they shoot if they fall off the string
wink.gif

I'm guessing you're shooting a release? With the release under the arrow? If so, look at your nocks, your nocking point may be digging into your arrow as you draw and pulling it off the string. If this is the case, go to a loop.

Good idea!

I will try an extra grommet above the relase first and see if thats enough flex to stop the pinching.

I'm not sure I have enough ass left to add the loop to my draw length!

Do you have some kinda rubber "cushion button" between your release and your nok ?
That's what their for, to keep your release head from pinching your arrow nok off the string.

Short axle to axle lenght is one of the things that cause this to happen. And a loop is the best way to fix this. It want hhurt your draw to much, maybe a 1/4 or a 1/2. But depending on you releaase you may be able to take that much up.

Right...I had one grommet to begin with and I slid another under it to keep it from pinching.....Now I'll go to a loop and see if I can shorten my release or buy another.
Its funny, Just the new arrows do this.

They have the mini nocs instead of full sized. either way I'll know if its fixed tomorrow. I also found that with these 3-49 arrows they fit loose in my alpine quiver (5 Arrow model) Alpine says try the 3 arrow & the carbons will fit as the grippers are tighter in that model
mad.gif

It sure is SWEET at 40 yds though.
QUIET TOO!
I may stretch my practice to 50 next week at this rate
biggrin.gif

JB,
sounds to me like you may have the nocks that were designed to be used with a loop Or I should say the solid loop that is screwed onto the string. Those are the only mini-nocks I'm aware of.

ElkhntinMD

JB,
Sorry I havn't been on in awhile. I guess that question was directed at me as to whether I use the loop or not. No, I don't use a loop. I use the rubber buttons under the arrow nock. But, the nocks you described sounded like the ones used with the solid screwed on string loop. I believe it's made out of aluminum. Just change your nocks. I don't know if your shooting aluminums or carbons but you can buy the nocks for both. If you shoot Gold tips you can put a regular XX78 nock in it. I may try a tie in loop next year. From what I hear you do get a better release. I just don't like any of them because it's just something else to fail or break.

Rodneyhood

OK,

I changed nocs and the acute angle of the string at full draw still pop them off
eek.gif

I ordered 2 kinds of loops, one string and one screw on. Hopefully this will fix it.
I'm ready to sight in my 50 yard pin ..
Everything else is PERFECT!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back