Why did this euro turn yellow?

This is the first one I’ve been unhappy with. I had some done through Steve’s in Arvada when I lived there. Also had one done last year by Skinner’s Skull Shop in WY. They came out awesome. The upsetting thing about this one is the taxidermist had glowing recommendations. I’ll see if he offers any options to me to fix it.

i had a pronghorn euro done by steves in arvada. was initially very stressed to learn they send them to nebraska to be done. rhinoriginalz is what it's called, name was even more anxiety inducing. maybe they had someone else back when you used them

it was my first euro, i didn't know what else to do and went with it

the euro turned out great

still don't like that they ship em off to nebraska and back. that was my first lesson in not having other people do your euros, even though it turned out great.

i had a pronghorn euro done by steves in arvada. was initially very stressed to learn they send them to nebraska to be done. rhinoriginalz is what it's called, name was even more anxiety inducing. maybe they had someone else back when you used them

it was my first euro, i didn't know what else to do and went with it

the euro turned out great

still don't like that they ship em off to nebraska and back. that was my first lesson in not having other people do your euros, even though it turned out great.

Just looking at their process, that is what you want to see for your average euro.

Just FYI if someone says "Museum quality" ask what they use to seal the mount. Paraloid B-72 is the only acceptable sealant IMHO, if their using that term. Glue, paint, Krylon, etc... nope, I mean fine for DYI or a budget mount. But B-72 is what the Smithsonian uses. If someone says they beetle clean, degrease and use B-72, that the place you want to take your bighorn mount to get a Euro made.

Happens, I had a taxi in Denver say he was going to use beetles and then macerated the skull instead.

At this point I wont use a taxi for euros, prices have gotten stupid especially as you can do it yourself with surprisingly little effort.
I didn't bother to ask how much the euro would cost the last time I had someone do it.... $140. That was way too much and the result was worse than what I could do in the driveway. Been doing them myself ever since.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back