Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

who's huntin bear this fall?

sm

i can't friggin wait for the next three weeks to fly bye.

i have a monster hittin my bait. i had a 2 yr old and a sow with 2 cubs hitting the one bait then last week a big boy came in and has been there every night. the biggest bear i have got is 247#
this one makes him look like a cub.

what are the rest of you after? you going after a particular bear or just waqtever shootable bruin comes in?

i'm freakin stoked :D
hump.gif
:D
hump.gif

sm... best of luck. I hope you get the big one you want.

I have not yet hunted bear as of yet and it looks like it might be awhile before I get to. But the next best thing is for me to enjoy the posts by the ones who get to. ;)

I am waiting to see if I drew my tag or not???

It is a party dog hunt for wild boar and bear.

SM,
I'm hunting nuisance bears in MA starting Sept 7th. I can't be choosy, first year on the farm and I'm trying to work my way into the deer pop as well.
Best of luck,

Chas

I am going to try to let the air out of one particular blonde bear he is not the biggest but is 6'-6'6" and probably 350 a very respectable bear caught him this training season have also caught 2 other bears that were bigger but would rather have the blonde bear . The two other bears are closer to 7' so wont be letting any of these big boys go during kill season I think the one might make 21" both are bout the same size one is black and other is chocolate the chocolate looks to have a bigger head . But as I said any of these bears would be just fine.

grouphug.gif
Our fall season starts September 15, But we have to get our licenses by August 31. That way we cant shoot a bear during general hunting season and then go and buy a license. I was to young when we could hunt Grizzles, now they hunt us!
fight.gif
PS I do plan on hunting bear this fall!

I have one particular bear in mind when season opens next month. But odd are, I won't be too picky if a different shootable bear walks in front of me.

well good luck to all of you after the big bad bear this fall :D :D

i'm going to try to hold out for the big one but hey we are only human right???????/ ;) ;) :D :D

I bought a trail camera the other day and set it out today. Just curious, if the lure I used doesn't produce anything this week.

What do you use for a lure to draw a bear in? I don't need to hold him very long, just bring him in to get his picture. I want to make sure the bear I am after is still in the area.

I'll be hunting in PA for bear again this fall. We only have a 3 day season & baiting is not legal so it is ALL BEAR DRIVES ALL DAY LOL! Anyway, looks like we have some more monsters where I hunt in Venango County. Hopefully I can get one of those 600-700 ponders to show you guys!

Tim,
I'm using something new this year deer pre-season that MAY cross-over to bear. I've made up grape and blackcherry jello in ice cube trays with string inserts for hanging at nose level. As it gets closer to the rut, I'll mix in doe in estrus. Seems to work well so far.
For bear, you may consider adding corn scent, or using Crispy Cremes new liquid donut drink instead of water.
Good luck,

Chas

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back