Who's going to stick a antelope?????

supersider34

Set up a blind last weekend and went out to paint the back wall Saturday. Found a couple nice bucks in the area. Anyone else going to start after them Goats before elk season starts? Got to get my season started earlier as I need to hunt something again. My first year on a blind. Will video tape the hunt though.
The nicest buck I saw was with 16 doe's & fawns. Tried to get some pics but the heat waves made it impossible. Dont have a great camera as MTmiller has. Will still get some footage of the hunt. Will post pics also when I get one. Also have my friend John might come down from Post Falls. Will find out Fridy night.
Was just wondering if anyone else was going after them.
Good luck to you all if you are.

Sodak season starts on the 21st of August then Nodak labor day weekend. I can't wait to finally put my tag on one of thsoe speedy bastards, I need to avenge myself from last year!

smalls

I hear ya Smalls......my tag went empty for the first time last year.....was my own fault though.....should have listened to my instincts several times.....if I would have, I'd have had a high-70s on the wall right now.....

Some dandies out there this yaer.....good luck come Sept. 3rd.........

Since my daughter is still on the ify stage of hunting with me(she just started highschool)
I am going to bring my bow up.
I might try it, depending on how my elkhunt is going since I only have 6 days for both.

Delw

Yeah, I flat missed a dandy last year (14+) then passed up several nice bucks and ended up not filling either.

I will be out scouting on Sunday, will be headed from Camp Crook, SD up to Marmarth, Bowman, and home. Should find some nice goats and hopefully get in touch w/ some landowners.

The fun begins!

Hey Smalls...I'll be down in the Rhame area Saturday..........I usually head down through Mott and Hettinger and then up through Bowman and Rhame and then Back up to Belfield......

Got two nice bucks spotted, and have been fortunate to get permission from the majority of Landowners........hoping this year is a good one......good luck scouting and filling that tag on a dandy......I'll wait to see pics.....

I have been scouting some pretty good bucks for about a month. Last weekend I got some film of a pig. This buck had not shown himself on any of my previous scouting trips. I knew he was big when I was filming him, but when I reviewed the tape he got bigger! I showed the footage to some buddies who have much more experience field judging antelope and he is a book buck.(He is pushing 16" with good mass and prongs.) I will be out on the high desert Sunday morning looking for him. I am going the spot and stalk route,I enjoy the challenge.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back