Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Whoops in the reloading room

Knock on wood, I've been pretty lucky so far. Biggest whoops was 4 - .45 ACP cases that got a double load in a row. Saved by the flashlight test.

Lesson learned - playoff baseball and reloading don't mix.

Not to long ago I was changing powder from h1000 to h4350. I accidentally grabbed a brand new bottle of 4350 and opened the pour spout on my auto charger and dumped half a pound of h1000 into it. That caused lots of adult words in front of my kids. They have since started using the same words frequently

Not sure how much of a oops this was as a rookie mistake, but I ran all my .270 brass through a Weatherby Vanguard I was struggling to get accuracy with. All of it fire-formed to the chamber of the Vanguard and now it won't even chamber in my Tikka. They will chamber in my wife's Rem 700, but not without some resistance. 😡

Not sure how much of a oops this was as a rookie mistake, but I ran all my .270 brass through a Weatherby Vanguard I was struggling to get accuracy with. All of it fire-formed to the chamber of the Vanguard and now it won't even chamber in my Tikka. They will chamber in my wife's Rem 700, but not without some resistance. 😡
Maybe try turning your sizing die down a little bit more to get some cam over. I have the same issue with a friends brass versus my brass in 7mm-08...I had to turn the dies down almost 1/4 turn to get his brass to chamber in his rifle.

Maybe try turning your sizing die down a little bit more to get some cam over. I have the same issue with a friends brass versus my brass in 7mm-08...I had to turn the dies down almost 1/4 turn to get his brass to chamber in his rifle.
I didn't try this with all of them, but on some I turned it all the way to the point of almost touching the shell holder. Didn't make any difference.

I've said before, I'm still kinda new to handloading. Is that what you're suggesting or something else?

I didn't try this with all of them, but on some I turned it all the way to the point of almost touching the shell holder. Didn't make any difference.

I've said before, I'm still kinda new to handloading. Is that what you're suggesting or something else?
I would follow the instructions on the die...most of the dies I have say to touch shellholder and other say to turn 1/8-1/4 turn beyond touching. Unless you goal was to bump shoulder in that case I'd only turn the die in until you got your shoulder bump.

I had the same issue with a 257 Weatherby. Everything I sized just never seemed to be right. Went and grabbed a different set of dies followed the instructions and bolt closed way smoother. I chalked it up as it was the dies as it seemed to go away after buying a different set of dies

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back